Main Menu

Anybody got The Complete Star Wars Saga on DS?

Started by ukdane, 28 December, 2007, 08:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ukdane

My 5 y.o. was given one for Christmas, but the game freezes the minute the actual game starts.
Anyone else had similar problems, or does he just have a dodgy copy?
Cheers

-Daney

Richmond Clements

My 10 year old has it and it plays fine- could be a crap copy you have...

Bolt-01

Micro Bolt has a copy as well. All good there.

Sounds like you got a dud Dane.

Bolt-01

WoD

The last Lego Star Wars on the DS is very buggy...useless bit of information and of no help to you...sorry!!

ukdane

Yeah, we got the bugy one too- which is why I wanted to check if this one was buggy or damaged.

Is this new one as buggy, or is it improved?
Cheers

-Daney

WoD

metacritic give it an average 80...which would say good game and no bugs...take it back or can you try it on another machine?

Link: http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ds/legostarwarsthecompletesaga" target="_blank">linky linky

ukdane

Sent the game back.
Received a new one. Unwrapped it. Put it in. Pressed New Game.
Game crashes again.
Anyone any ideas?
Cheers

-Daney

Waddie

The first DS one was pretty much broken.  The new one is fine.

Do you have access to another DS you could try it in?  Might be something as simple as dirty contacts in the cartridge slot.

ukdane

Can't try it in another DS, but other (new) games work without problem.

The game loads up, but I can't start a new game, so can't try loading a game. Credits work, but they aren't much fun.
Cheers

-Daney

WoD

DS or DS lite?

Have you tried emailing Ninty?

Waddie

Maybe your supplier has a bad batch, and all they've done is sent you another from the same stock of duff carts.

Should be a number for the Nintendo Service Centre in the back of the manual.  Give them a call, explain the situation and ask them what to do.  They're normally very helpful.

ukdane

Cheers

-Daney

WoD