Main Menu

Star studded line up at the travelling man. Any takers?

Started by Hoagy, 21 September, 2009, 06:31:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoagy

I know where it is and want to attend.

Great bunch of Squaxx squaddies'll be there.

Hope there's a Q&A session.

I'll certainly support them being at my neck of the woods.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Dandontdare

Who? What? Where? Huh?

You forgot to actually mention what you're talking about!

Hoagy

Sorry, I have it on the site's "This Week" page at the side. I assumed people on this site have it on theirs. So, maybe its a district advert thing, I wouldn't know.

There is going to be; Al Ewing, Ian Edgington, Dave Taylor, Steve Yeowell and Leigh Gallagher.

Its run by WE LOVE COMICS.COM

Travelling Man's Manchester comic shop/venue.

On the 26th of September.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
Previously Krombasher.

Dandontdare

aha - that's good news. Travelling man do a lot of these events, but it always seems to be another branch. I'll be popping down for this - any Manc Squaxx fancy a pint after? (by the way, I never see the main site front page, I just keep "active topics" as one of my homepage tabs).

Peter Wolf

I didnt even know that the Travelling Man comic shop even existed in Manchester.I thought that there werent any comic shops in Manchester as Odyssey 7 closed down and there was that other comic shop that was one of a parade of small shops on the outside of the corn exchange but i think that went when the Corn Exchange and Arndale centre was bombed some time ago.[hope i am remembering that correctly?!]

Thats good news as i visit Manchester at least a couple of times a year and will pop in there.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Hoagy

Yarp!

Nice one, Its er run by a mini-con set up, sorry. Thats We Love Comics Con. Not dotcom.:P

Should be available for drinkees afterwards, see if we can't talk the big hitters into a pint, eh? Guess who's buying tho, not them for sure.;)

Off to pay bills now. Re-assess budget situation on return.

Splund!

Roth.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
Previously Krombasher.

Dandontdare

Just realised I'm working till one so I may have a dash to make it before three, but I'll do my best! There's also a comic/film/collectable fair on at that uber-classy joint Sacha's hotel the same day.

You shall know me by the code phrase: "All hail Mayor Thryllseeker".

Al_Ewing

Hot student girls were tweaking my nipples. IT WAS AWESOME. I will sign comics in Manchester EVERY DAY if they want me to.

EDIT: You missed all this, Leigh Gallagher, Nikki, Matt Badham, Simon Bowland. You missed it, and you can never, ever come back in time and enjoy what I enjoyed, with my nipples.
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Trout

Al, I don't believe for one second that you have nipples.

Or a belly button.

- Trout

Hoagy

FU** I was all ready to go. David Tennant Dr Who pants on and Deadwood head in tact. Middling with uber-nerdy t-shirt, when I got to my ATM, I found the well dry.

Fiddlesticks.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
Previously Krombasher.

Kerrin

Quote from: Al_Ewing on 27 September, 2009, 12:44:41 AMHot student girls were tweaking my nipples. IT WAS AWESOME.
A droid? With "nipples"? Preposterous! A non-conformance report will be dispatched to The Mighty One immediately!

Unless, of course, you can provide photographic evidence that these were regulation grease "nipples". You will also need to provide photographic documentation of the aforementioned "hot student birds", and to keep things fair, evidence of their "nipples" should be included in your report as well. Thankyou.

mogzilla

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 22 September, 2009, 01:52:52 PM
I didnt even know that the Travelling Man comic shop even existed in Manchester.I thought that there werent any comic shops in Manchester as Odyssey 7 closed down and there was that other comic shop that was one of a parade of small shops on the outside of the corn exchange but i think that went when the Corn Exchange and Arndale centre was bombed some time ago.[hope i am remembering that correctly?!]

Thats good news as i visit Manchester at least a couple of times a year and will pop in there.

there's forbidden planet on oldham street and travelling man is down one of the roads running off oldham street...

Noisybast

Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

House of Usher

STRIKE !!!

Mike Gloady

Quite.

Although frankly I'm still surprised more wasn't made about the hot student chicks and Al's nipples.........
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever