Main Menu

Coolest moment in Rogue Trooper.

Started by Roger Godpleton, 21 March, 2005, 09:19:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger Godpleton

What, for you, was the coolest thing that ever happened to Rogue and chums?

From the original Traitor General arc, there are too many moments for me to pick just one, but in particular, the episode where Rogue fights thegun emplacements springs to mind first as summing up the ethos of the early strip, with Rogue cooly overcoming overwhelming odds with a mixture of smarts and brute force.

Well?...

P.S. In order to stop this from being yet another Rogue pisstake, (I'm looking at you, Virgo), please think carefully before using the following words/phrases: "Fleisher", "nads", "psychic helm", "The first Friday arc with Dave Gibbons was great, but then it all went downhill".
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Byron Virgo

I like the bit when he puts the discorporated memories of his fellow GI, saved onto a computer chip, into his hat, purely for the purposes of torturing him from beyond the grave.

I mean, it's not like the talking hat can even do anything - the gun can shoot, and the backpack has pair of robotic arms. Did they draw straws or something? Couldn't they have at least have put a radio in the hat, so as to give him something to do? I mean, even if he saves Rogue's life, it's a complete fluke!

Funt Solo

Rogue crucified at the beginning of Cinnabar.

I know he'd been shown to have weaknesses before this, but for me it was the first time that he seemed utterly beaten.

(My 2nd fave moment was Bagman going loopy and singing his little song as he unpacked himself.)

PS He could have slots in his boots as well...and then the poor writer would have to come with a reason for two troopers to be called Leftie and Rightie...I'll get me coat...
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Funtwangle

bagman at the end of cinnebar

probably would be a spoiler to say why

Funt Solo

And if he had a slot in his shorts, and Venus Bluegenes were to die, then...nevermind.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Richmond Clements

I was just going to suggest that one myself Funtwangle.

Tordelbach

The sequence in Milli-Com Memories (IIRC) where young Rogue comes face to face with the deformed GI prototypes was pretty shocking.

I also actually really like the scene where Rogue throws sand in the eyes of the "Mark II" regened Gunnar.  Again, it shows that it's not just Rogue's GI physique that makes him special - it's his experiences.  

For me, this works better than the "Friday job" concept in 'War Machine'.

Art

http://www.arthurwyatt.co.uk/images/rogue1.gif">

Funt Solo

Of course - she's a woman - she can cook!

Is this another example of what a bastard Rogue is to Helm?
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Byron Virgo

The evidence certainly seems to be stacking up, doesn't it?

Bico

The bit where Helm speaks as a hat for the first time.

Tu-plang

Yes, and you think, 'wow, this genetically engineered super-soldier of the future has... a talking hat.'

Just makes it all so much more involving.

I agree with Rogue's crucifixion (sp?) in Cinnabar.  Although I can't remember how it ended.  (Cue Easter break, cue parents house, cue back issues.)

Funt Solo

He gets thrown into a cave for a while, with a large stone over the door:  but then later he's miraculously re-gened and then rises up to Milli-Heaven.

And that's why, even today, children paint eggs with biochip symbols and rogue's face, and roll them down a hill.  (A hill with Norts at the bottom, and when I say eggs, I mean grenades.)
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Steamboy

Friday putting the gun in his mouth but not being able to pull the trigger because he's designed to live(in Decent). In same story Friday in the fighting pit covered in blood holding a machete "who's next" Venus jumps in and promptly kick his arse.
I'll just forget the whole Rogue Trooper thing never happened ;)
I'm not trolling either I actually like the Friday stories(some of em anyway) more than classic Rogue, but of the classic Rouge Bagman Going phsyco at the end of Cinnebar was pretty cool too.

CU Krestel