Main Menu

Life is riddled with a procession of minor impediments

Started by Bouwel, 10 August, 2009, 11:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Gloady

NICE.  Like that.  That's going on my habitually grumpy, world-improving behaviours that you can get away with by saying "whoops!"
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

vzzbux

Got in from work today and looking outside I noticed some scum nicking the lead flashing of a sloping roof on a house at the back of my garden. He didn't care at all that my wife was bringing in the washing.
I did the right thing and called the police, to their credit were round within five minutes, but by that time the git was gone.
Rather than being discreet they were straight round my house for a statement and were looking at said crime incident from my back yard whilst getting the information from me leaving all and sundry to see that it was us that did the right thing.
Still I hope that they get the bastard.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Roger Godpleton

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 11 September, 2009, 09:50:42 PM
NICE.  Like that.  That's going on my habitually grumpy, world-improving behaviours that you can get away with by saying "whoops!"

Actually he said "oops".

Lost my day bus ticket today.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Mike Gloady

Yeah, the whole "be discreet" thing never seems to work with the cops.  

I once did a similar thing and they were blues and twos in the garden and knocking on the neighbours doors saying "Mr Gloady at 79 saw this crime, did you happen to see it?  Yes, MR GLOADY.  IN THE SHARED HOUSE WITH THE BLEACHED HAIR.  YES, THAT'S HIM OVER THERE *points*"

Not fun when you're 90% sure it was a kid you recognise from the other end of the road who did said crime and who you pass on your way to work/uni/your girlfriend's house/the gym/the pub you spend the next month waiting for a crowbar to slide down the back of your head taking your brain with it.  

Lesson here?  Don't call the cops, seemingly.  Can't bring myself to learn it though.  Scum need to learn how the world works [/Rorschach]

Good point Roger, apologies.  It's still on my list.

vzzbux

I am quite ready for a rumble at the moment. I have a lot of pent up anger to be released and woe betide any little jumped up prick/s who try it on. I am only trying to defend my family and property guv.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Roger Godpleton

johnnystress

the tags or quotations ..or whatever they are on peoples posts ..are really annoying and difficult to distinguish from an actual post since the redesign..a minor annoyance

but worth a mention

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: johnnystress on 12 September, 2009, 11:54:30 PM
but worth a mention

Very true. The quoting system itself is mildly retarded -- there are plenty of forums (fora?) that manage to eliminate the whole 'nested quote' thing and only quote the last person in the quoted post, and a couple of them only quote the text that's highlighted when you hit "quote".

The current system makes misattributing a quotation horribly easy -- I've had to make a couple of grovelling apologies on this very board for that very reason.

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

House of Usher

Quote from: Mike Gloady on 12 September, 2009, 11:02:40 PM
Yeah, the whole "be discreet" thing never seems to work with the cops.

Years ago I called the police on a couple who were fighting on my garden wall at 2am. I monitored the situation from inside until the police arrived, rather than tackle scary people with just my pants on. When the police arrived their radio was so loud it woke my partner up, and I heard my name broadcast over it within earshot of the perp.
STRIKE !!!

Peter Wolf

I went into town to go to the food and drink festival which is a load of foodstalls in the street selling all kinds of different things that you can eat.There was some amazing stuff but FFS it was so crowded that i had to give up and leave as i cant stand crowds like that as it was claustrophobic.Shame as i never made it to the burger stall that was selling ground steak burgers.The smell of that was beautiful.

There was also what looked like an invasion of motorcyclists on the seafront as there looked to be about 10 million of them.Trying to get through them on a bike was a nightmare.

Quote from: vzzbux on 12 September, 2009, 10:47:22 PM
Got in from work today and looking outside I noticed some scum nicking the lead flashing of a sloping roof on a house at the back of my garden. He didn't care at all that my wife was bringing in the washing.
I did the right thing and called the police, to their credit were round within five minutes, but by that time the git was gone.
Rather than being discreet they were straight round my house for a statement and were looking at said crime incident from my back yard whilst getting the information from me leaving all and sundry to see that it was us that did the right thing.
Still I hope that they get the bastard.

V

I didnt think that there was very much scrap value in lead anymore unless demand for it from china has pushed prices up.

If the police do catch the lead thief you are talking about then the homeowner should make the little fucker pay for redoing the flashings.I would have gone over there myself if i caught someone doing that as after all what goes up has to come down again.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

The Legendary Shark

Last year I worked out with BT that I needed to pay £7 per fortnight to cover all my telephonic costs. Which I did. Every fortnight, on the dot. Today I got a bill from BT for near fifty quid. Upon contacting my local BT representative, a thick-accented Indian gentleman with a sock in his mouth who seemed to be connected to the exchange by way of a tin can and a length of hairy string, it transpired that me offering to pay £10 per fortnight simply wasn't good enough. Bastiches.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Roger Godpleton

Forgot to mention that on Saturday I FOUND A BATH TOWEL IN THE TOILET.

Mike Gloady

Oh dear.

Roger, that's awful.  You have my sympathies.  Ug!

House of Usher

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 14 September, 2009, 05:54:54 PM
Forgot to mention that on Saturday I FOUND A BATH TOWEL IN THE TOILET.

As minor impediments go, that's pretty minor!
STRIKE !!!

I, Cosh

I still have no Prog and I've got a feeling it's because they've fixed the door entry system on the close.
We never really die.