Main Menu

Favourite CURRENT art droid Round 2 - Patrick Goddard or Simon Davis

Started by Colin YNWA, 18 January, 2021, 06:44:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Thank you Prime Minister and can I just add a big thank you for allowing me to lick your flaccid arse and further my career however morally repugnant it is of me to do so.

To answer the question in relation to the Current Tourney I would like to refer you to the graph I showed earlier. Now if you look at this what you see clearly is Patrick Goddard and Simon Davis may have done some excellent work outside of Tharg's domain. If you look at the trend you will also see that Simon Davis is a famed portrait artist and indeed in a folk Rock Band. What you must remember however is if we take these into account we will [REPEAT SAME BLAND AND MEANINGLESS RALLYING CRY AS PRIME MINISTER] and so therefore we must ask you to follow the science, even though we have claimed this has been done while overseeing excess death well above any other country in Europe and just consider works for Tharg.

I will now return you to the Prime Minister who has now hopefully put my life peerage in place.

Alas we have to pick our favourite and to do so just pop the name of the art droid you'd most like to go through to the Quarter Finals, but please add anything else you'd like to say as well.

Patrick Goddard - more info

OR

Simon Davis - more info

This one will close and be counted on the morning of Thursday 21st January

What the hell is all this? Current state of play Find out more about the Art Droid Tourneys and Round 2

Who made the 32 in both tourneys?

Entrants in the Current Art Droids Tourney

Entrants in the Classic Art Droids Tourney

Rules for what they are worth

Anything else just ask and I'll make something up.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

ming

Tomwe

Currently reading Savage Book 2 so it's Patrick Goddard for me.

abelardsnazz

I thought Simon was a shoe-in here before I saw that fantastic image by Patrick. But on balance, having seen Simon's unique style develop across all the series he's worked on, I'm going to stick with my first reaction. So Simon Davis.

AlexF

sixmo

Simon Davis. I don't know how he does it. The individual parts shouldn't add up to the images we see, but they do somehow. I suspect witchcraft!

So I choose Simon Davis to progress, and perhaps be investigated for unlicensed wizardry.

Bolt-01

IndigoPrime

Sean SD

Magnetica

Just love Patrick Goddard. He is so underrated and always delivers nice, unfussy art with clear story telling. Which as Dave Gibbons says, is the whole point of comic art. Give me that anyway over a series of "masterpiece" level pictures, which don't actually flow as a story.

But, he's up against one of the elite level artists in Simon Davis.

I'm guessing a lot of people will vote for him based on Slaine; for me he is the definitive Sinister Dexter artist and that is enough for me to give my vote to Simon Davis.

BPP

If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Rogue Judge

Patrick Goddard.

Davis is amazing, but something about his sequential art is a bit stiff to me...I prefer solo images or covers by Davis. For his clear storytelling and clean art, I vote Goddard.