Main Menu

The Black Dog Thread

Started by Grugz, 02 January, 2016, 09:54:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: auxlen on 09 June, 2018, 04:44:27 PM
I'm sorry and will regret this outpouring no doubt...but I'm not doing very well. I have had a lot of fun on this forum...even though you all punctuate better than me. #feelingsorryformeyself
#ignore

No need for regrets, you're talking to people who know exactly how you feel.  All I can say is, it doesn't last forever
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

TordelBack

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 09 June, 2018, 11:27:42 PM
Quote from: auxlen on 09 June, 2018, 04:44:27 PM
I'm sorry and will regret this outpouring no doubt...but I'm not doing very well. I have had a lot of fun on this forum...even though you all punctuate better than me. #feelingsorryformeyself
#ignore

No need for regrets, you're talking to people who know exactly how you feel.  All I can say is, it doesn't last forever

S'right.

auxlen

I stayed away for a few days ecause I vaguely recalled I had posted here and was sure I'd made a fool of myself. Your comments (and a private message) gave me strength...and seriously, Thanks for taking the time to respond. helped considerably.

Hawkmumbler

It's been some time since I needed to vent over this here thread, but recently i've been feeling very The worst for wear. I'm exhausted constantly, demotivated, and just generally fatigued. The black dog is nipping at my ankles and the worst part is, I know its daft. I'm doing OK, working long but generally rewarding hours, just passed my honours with a 2:1, i'm surrounded by some of the best friends I've ever had, but somedays it just takes one thing, and again the next.

It probably doesn't help matters this morning I was informed by my family that our cat of 25 years, Spud, has passed on. It so daft that i've been feeling glum today over a silly old, mostly blind cat. But I still feel like i've lost an old friend.

Funt Solo

My dog, Rupert, was put down while I was away from home and it still upsets me to think about it.  It was best for him because he'd lost the use of his back legs. Still, he was a part of the family for years and it's natural to mourn the loss. 
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

The Legendary Shark

Best wishes to you, Hawkie - losing a beloved pet always leaves me in bits. It's not daft at all, it's entirely natural.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

All best wishes to you, Hawk. Losing a cat, after 25 years, is devastating. When my old Spooky went- at 20- it knocked me off my feet.
Hoping you cope with this immensely difficult time and use everything you know to move on through it.
SBT

JayzusB.Christ

Really sorry to hear that, Hawk.  I'm a cat person too and I know what it's like to lose one.  Thoughts are with you.
By the way, at 25 Spud must surely have been one of the oldest cats in the world.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

TordelBack

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 15 September, 2018, 12:49:39 AM
It probably doesn't help matters this morning I was informed by my family that our cat of 25 years, Spud, has passed on. It so daft that i've been feeling glum today over a silly old, mostly blind cat.

Not a bit of it.  My 20-year old three-legged cat died in her sleep two months ago and I'm still feeling sad about it.  She was so old that when she was a kitten she chewed the lightsabre of my brand new Mace Windu free mail-away Episode One promotional figure!  Or to put it another way,  so much a part of our lives. TBH I'm still not over the loss of my dog four years ago.

That's just how it is, don't feel bad about feeling bad. My every sympathy, Hawkie.

But congrats on the 2:1!

Tjm86

Aye, congrats.  Not a small achievement at all.

Don't beat yourself up about how things are affecting you.  I think it's fair to say that we all know how easy it is to be tripped by the most innocuous event, sometimes without us even realising it has happened.  It's easy to feel guilty for feeling down when actually there are perfectly valid reasons for it.

The last couple of weeks have been a bit of a roller coaster for me too.  Finally back in work after six months, it's been quite an emotional experience.  It's hard to let go of the experiences of the last two years and simply see this as a fresh start.  Keeping things in perspective and remembering that whatever the validity of the criticisms I faced, the methods employed were unjustified at best ... Still, it does shape my perception at present.  Then I remember that this is a different situation and feel guilty / annoyed at myself.  Then I remember: "Small moves."

To all who are still moving forward with this baggage, stay strong guys.  To all who have provided supportive voices, thanks.

paddykafka

Given that cats are my favourite creatures on the planet, I can completely empathise with how you feel. My sympathies and all the best to you.

Bolt-01

Congrats on the 2.1, Hawkster and sorry for the loss.

Dandontdare

aaargh - typed a long essay about not going to thought bubble and then lost it - cant be arsed retyping

JayzusB.Christ

No worries, DDD, hope all is ok with you.

auxlen

QuoteI think it's fair to say that we all know how easy it is to be tripped by the most innocuous event, sometimes without us even realising it has happened.

So true..all keep well.