Main Menu

New Poll: You're Matthew Smith. Carlos Ezquerra is unavoidably delayed. Do you (multiple choic

Started by 2000AD Online, 06 February, 2007, 11:14:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moonbeam

Let's face it, Origins is good but not amazingly brilliant. The delay is going to compound that feeling. But most things in life never quite match up to one's expectations. I think it's called the 'deflated balloon' effect. :)

moonbeam

"By creating a poll you are expressing an opinion that Matt Smith's actions as editor of 2000AD should be discussed by fans on 2000AD Online, and have already expressed the point of view that Rebellion should make a formal announcement. "

Wake

--------------------

I may be wrong here but the poll was done by Matt Smith or one of his editorial droids! The thread was started by: 2000AD Online. If you check the poster's history, they include messages by Tharg.

DavidXBrunt

Well, when you start a poll the computer thingy that controls the site flags up a thread with a link to the poll to draw attention to it. It's an automated thingy created, I think at the suggestion of UKdane, by the webmaster of this site who is called, what was it again, Wake?

ming

I may be wrong here...

Yup.  If you click the link to the poll, it show's who created it (i.e. Dudley).  Unless everything we know about Tharg is... is... a lie!  Duds?  Are you green?

moonbeam

Well technically speaking I'm not wrong because the first post on this thead is by 2000AD Online. Check the poster's history:

http://www.2000adonline.com/?zone=fan&page=messagethread&choice=2000AD%20Online&Comic=Username

- and you see many messages are often signed by Tharg. Does James Mackay moonlight/do a good impression of Tharg?:)

Matt Timson

Pffft...

TordelBack

Origins is good but not amazingly brilliant

Very much a point of view, that - Origins is thrilling my socks off more than anything in a long while.  

On the other hand, I'm very happy that Tharg is mature enough to believe that giving Ezquerra the time he needs to deliver the goods is the right move, and is making the minimum amount of fuss about it.  If the interlude material so far had been reprint or sub-par Millar scripts excavated from the round file, we might have some cause to complain - but it's all been good, and EVERYTHING else in the Prog is top-notch in a way I can barely remember.  

Chill, Brother Moonbeam.  D'ese t'ings take tiiiime.

Wake

Threads started by 2000AD Online are created by the site when:

a) Someone posts a new poll, or
b) someone posts a news item.

There may be other reasons, but I can't remember what they are.

The reason that these threads do not appear as posted by the poll/news creator is because the poll/news item is attached to the user's real name rather than their username and some people may not necessarily want to disclose the link between the two.

ukdane probably suggested it. He has certainly asked me to fix the problem of multiple poll threads if a poll gets edited, which I still haven't found time to do.

Cheers,

Wake

paulvonscott

I detest the 'we mustn't talk about it, let's talk about something else' sentiments that keep cropping up.  If people want to discuss it, just let them and the people who want to talk about something else, do so.

For the record I think it's a bit of a shame, and a bit of a mess, but I'll live.  And I voted that Matt Smith was right to do what he did.

pauljholden

I voted that an another artist should finish it, but I couldn't find the bit where I put my name in.

- pj

House of Usher

I don't care. As long as the conclusion to Origins sees the light of day, I can wait.
STRIKE !!!

Dog Deever

It's a conspiracy, I tell ye!
Greenbonce is tryin tae get us to buy the collected GN with the full uncut story!!!!!

:D

I don't mind the break, at all- we've had a few good stories- we may get some more. Hopefully, when it get's back, everything will kick off big time, with the huge slaughterfest between the Dredd kids and all those soldiers! If it turns out for the worse we can alway gurn later. I voted that Tharg made the right decision, because I don't want Origins spoiled by multiple artists, shit- split it into a trilogy if you want. I can see why some folks are getting fed up talking about it, but I just flick through most of it or look for another thread. If people want to talk about it, fine- I can also see that there's not been that much else to post about. it'll all be forgotten soon anyway.
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

Dunk!

In the end we're going to get the origins of Judge Dredd told for the first time from start to finish by his original creators.

When the delays is a distant memory that's gonna look pretty sweet on my bookshelf and that's all that matters to me.
"Trust we"

Wake

I'm afraid that I've just accidentally deleted the poll data for this poll, so please recast your vote.

Cheers,

Wake

Bad Andy

It's a conspiracy, I tell ye!

I'm afraid that I've just accidentally deleted the poll data for this poll,

Hmmmmm. Say no more.