Main Menu

A.B.C Warrior Fans able to help? Vol 3 and 4????

Started by Grey M@a, 10 February, 2012, 10:42:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey M@a

Hi

Just a quick post really. Big fan of ABC Warriors (whole reason I got hooked to 2000AD as a lad) so finally with the 2000AD sales I decided to grab all they had.

I grabbed these below: (Can ignore the Ro-Busters trade)

So I have Meknificent Seven, The Black Hole, The Third Element and Shadow Warriors.

Full size image here: http://twitpic.com/8hpnsx/full

I guess what my question is, did Volumes 3 and 4 actually exist? Looking about it seems that the ISBN number show these were reprints (2009 - 2011 according to the inside covers)

I gather Vol 3 and 4 would of been Kronicals of Khaos and Hellbringer? Were these ever reprinted as no matter where I look I just can't see any mention of a reprint that would match the ones I have with the yellow spines. Only copies I can find of what I assume is Vol 3 and 4 are the original prints from 2007 and earlier and are asking top whack for copies of these and I assume are not part of this reprinted run?

So I guess I am just asking if anyone knows what happened to Vol 3 and 4, were they ever printed or is there some licencing issue as to why they weren't released if that is the case?

Thanks for any help anyone can offer or ISBN numbers for the Vol 3 and 4 to this set.

The Adventurer

I'm 99.99% sure Khronicals of Khaos (Vol.3) and Hellbringer (Vol.4) have not been reprinted and are currently OOP. There are no other editions or versions. Just the Rebellion editions.

Meknificent Seven (Vol.1) and The Black Hole (Vol.2) are 'reprints' because they're original editions were published by DC comics (with a different style trade dress for the cover and spine) in 2004/5. Rebellion eventually reprinted them to fit with the rest of their editions (Vol.3 onwards), I assume after they sold through their DC edition stock..

Unfortunate that you can't find them. I have my copies (that I made sure to preorder and pick up when they were new back on 2007) so they definitely exist.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Grey M@a

Thanks for the quick reply, so your copies from 2007 have the yellow spines and 3 and 4 on the spines like the ones above?

If not then I guess they were just never printed for this run of trades with those spines?

I gather its a case of waiting for reprints to show or try to find a deal on the books I am missing due to them being out of print. The prices for the things are a little high.

The Adventurer

Quote from: Grey M@a on 10 February, 2012, 10:54:52 AM
Thanks for the quick reply, so your copies from 2007 have the yellow spines and 3 and 4 on the spines like the ones above?

Yes. They do.

Behold.

(My whole collections)

Note the different looking DC Comics first editions of Vol.1 and 2.

Grey M@a

Nice one, thank you very much for that :D It's confirmed what I was wondering about. So then I guess if I want them I am going to have to put my hands in my pockets and dig deep and take the hit for the asking price xD

Mind are they worth the £40+ I have seen for some of them. The collector OCD has kicked in but also the mass ABC Warriors fan in me. I think I read those issue's as a kid so much that the progs actually fell apart over the years.

The Adventurer

Man, I don't know what to tell you on that score. ABC Warriors really isn't my favorite series ever (you'll notice I stopped buying the collections them after Third Element. I do keep meaning to rebuy Vol.1 and 2 to make the spines match. And I really REALLY should pick up Shadow Warriors. If only for that sweet SWEET Henry Flint artwork. But... eh), and The Volgan War saga has done a lot to kill what little interest I did have in the series out of me.

I can say they are nice collections, good reproductions decent content (though they are a tad on a thin side compared to other 2000 AD collections).

I'm not sure I'd drop 40 quid each on them though. But if you're a huge fan, it might be worth it for completest sake.

It'd be nice if Rebellion would do another printing if they've sold out on their end.

Grey M@a

Nowhere has stock of them, searched most places and even the states. They are almost double the price on the US side when looking for them.

One copy I found of Khronicles for £40 is an old Library copy with stamps all over it. 2000AD don't have any more stock etc.

I will keep an eye out for bargains or people selling them on here.

Mind, if you ever decide to sell those ABC Warrior Vols 3 and 4, drop me a line and I would really give you a decent chunk of cash for those two volumes :)

Thanks again for your help.

radiator

Don't pay silly money for a copy - I'm sure it will be reprinted at some point, just be patient is my advice.

Some bloke on the forum recently payed £50 for a copy of Nemesis the Warlock Volume 3, and it got reprinted a couple of weeks later!

Grey M@a

Yeah I got my Nemesis Vol 3 for £16 from TheBookDepository, previously I had seen the prices well high. Just been talking to 2000AD on twitter, seems they may be reprinted in the years to come but "May not be in that format, mind."

I am assuming maybe the new manga sized reprint such as the new Dredd Cursed Earth or as a massive omnibus I gather. (EDIT: Not a manga edition it seems xD)

radiator

Hmmm, ABC Warriors Case Files....?

I'd definitely be up for that!

Grey M@a

Quite possibly as there is enough material from ro-busters to the volgan war etc. Will keep an eye open for their plans for it.

If I find vol 3 and 4 with the yellow spines in the near future for a decent price I will grab them.

Thanks again for all the help :)

JSouth5942

Good luck finding Kronicals of Khaos, I've been trying to get a hold of this for ages as its the last book I need to complete my collection.

However, all my pleas and enquiries for a re-print have been unsuccessful. I'm only hoping now that it gets released in the US at some point in the future so I can order one from there.
Jason

I, Cosh

Don't know where you're located but try real shops before paying stupid internet money. For example, I'm fairly sure Forbidden Planet in Glasgow has stock of all the ABC warriors trades except Meknifiicent Seven.
We never really die.

Grey M@a

JSouth, I am kicking myself as I have seen them around a year back for about £20 and I left them.

JSouth5942

Quote from: Grey M@a on 10 February, 2012, 11:55:25 AM
JSouth, I am kicking myself as I have seen them around a year back for about £20 and I left them.

Noooooo dont tell me that!!