Main Menu

On telly this week

Started by Emperor, 24 December, 2011, 04:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigjobs67

Quote from: Judge Jack on 20 February, 2012, 04:22:55 PM
Yep, thats another cracker, Bigjobs. Those anthology films by Amicus are the best, and always worth another watch. Shame they took so long to turn up on DVD. Think in terms of creepiness, Donald is eclipsed in this one by his real life daughter, Angela.
Those Vipco DVDs are pretty uniformaly crap, shit prints in full screen and cut to buggery, one company to avoid - if they still exist.

Fuck yeah!!! Forgot that that was his actual daughter. Loved the one with Ian Ogilvy and that fuckin door. That is absolutely outstanding. Which is the one with Malcolm mcdowell on the Penny Farthing? The one they sort of send up in the League of Gentlemen Xmas special? Always loved the one where they're trapped in the lift together.
'Overwhelming, I'm I not!

bigjobs67

As a quick aside but very much in keepin with this here 'fred. Did anyone catch the awsum "Pearl 'necklace' Harbor" the other night.
Fuck me alive and sideways!
Just the most incredible comedy ever committed to celluloid.
The're are so many comedic high lights to pull from this "classic" but the one I love the most is when Cuba Goodin Jr runs across the deck of his shot to shit battleship in his cooks outfit to then take control of a massive fuckin gun and proceeds to shoot down as many slanty eyed, yellow deviled, piloted flyin bombs as is possible to do in slo fuckin mo.

AWSUM!!!!!

vzzbux

You will be able to see the front of my house in panorama next week when the focused lady drops off her daughter.
It was filmed last week.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

bigjobs67

Quote from: vzzbux on 20 February, 2012, 09:48:40 PM
You will be able to see the front of my house in panorama next week when the focused lady drops off her daughter.
It was filmed last week.

What the fuck u doin on Panarama man? That shows usually about how fucked we are as a society and how we're all geting ripped off because we don't switch energy suppliers often enough, or some bollocks.

Link Prime

Quote from: bigjobs67 on 20 February, 2012, 10:58:53 PM

What the fuck u doin on Panarama man? That shows usually about how fucked we are as a society and how we're all geting ripped off because we don't switch energy suppliers often enough, or some bollocks.

Sounds like a description of the X-Factor to me kid!

Anyway, anyone catch 'Homeland' recently? It's starting on C4 in a few mins- worth the bother?

bigjobs67

Not sure about it. keep catchin the trailers and love Damian Lewis especially in 'Band of'.Its got a 'Manchurian Candidate' vibe radiating offav it, me thinks.

Link Prime

First 15 mins pretty good, loved yer man in Band of Brothers too.
A semi-naked Morena Baccarin sex scene has just sold it (at least this ep) to me...

Yeah, I know.

Professor Bear

Homeland is a great watch, if a bit predictable now and then - particularly the very, very end of the series where I joked that that they couldn't possibly just rip off the end of an episode of the Bruce Timm/Paul Dini Superman cartoon as the pay-off for their miniseries, but... erm, they did.  Still worth watching, though, especially if you liked 24, or the notion of looking at Morena Baccarin's tits.

bigjobs67

Awh mate. Its got Claire Danes in it. She fuckin saved Terminator 3 cause she's an ace actress (and fit as fuck.)

Dandontdare

Mark Millar's one of the panel on the Review show after Newsnight tonight.

Beaky Smoochies

Quote from: bigjobs67 on 20 February, 2012, 11:41:48 PM
Awh mate. Its got Claire Danes in it. She fuckin saved Terminator 3 cause she's an ace actress (and fit as fuck.)

Whilst Clare Danes was one of T3's high points, what really saved that film from being a total write-off was the last five minutes... genuinely touching, I shed tears everytime I watch it :'( !
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

Emperor

The Sorcerers on BBC2 tonight at 1:45 (so technically tomorrow morning):

www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b007c0nc
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

vzzbux

The front of my house on Panorama tonight.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Emperor

Quite a few films on tonight:

X-Men Origins: Wolverine - 21:00 on Film 4

Watchmen - 23:05 on Film 4

Hard Candy - 23:50 on BBC2

Brothers of the Head - 02:10 on Film 4
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Emperor

Oh and Eden Lake starts in 5 minutes on ITV4 - well worth a watch.