Main Menu

2000 AD Southern Contingent Summer Gathering - Sat 15th August 2015

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 09 July, 2015, 03:44:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mardroid

Much appreciated. It's not just that though. I actually have just enough money to travel to work and back at the moment and that's because I sold a watch last week. (Most of the funds went on paying the minimum of my credit card bill.)

It's okay, there'll be other times.

COMMANDO FORCES

sheridan

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 12 August, 2015, 04:26:44 PM
Mardroid don't be silly, I'll quite happily get you a couple of pints in. Never think that you can't pop along for a few due to such things, we're all friends of Tharg here ;)

Sheridan, yes that's on the list and we could pop into The Ship (that was the pub everyone met up in for the Soho Dredd screening).

Not been to the Ship for a fair time - the pub that gets name-checked in Born Slippy, from Trainspotting...

At Tottenham Court Road
I just come out of The Ship

SuperSurfer

Looking forward to this. Some rather awkward people (in the real world, not here) are grinding me down lately so will be good to get away from it all, quaff a few drinks and talk 2K.

COMMANDO FORCES

It's always good to relax and chill out! There's so much to talk about from the House of Tharg as well. See you there :D

El Chivo

Hello chaps,

Might try & make a flying visit to this. If i can shift 10 copies of El Bigote 'Noche De Los Muertoads' (£2 each)
i should be able to cover the train fare, the rest is beer money!  :)

Cheers

Chi

ps i still have copies of no.1 'A Tequila Drenched Reckoning' if anyone missed out before

Dunk!

Mark me down happily for both, Chi.

Hope to see you there.

Dunk!
"Trust we"

Dark Jimbo

24 hours to go and I still don't know if I'll be there! Probably not, to be honest, by this stage - was hoping I could snag cheap train fare somehow - but never say never.
@jamesfeistdraws

COMMANDO FORCES

I'm just about to leave home and catch the train. Keep an issue 2 for me El Chivo.

COMMANDO FORCES

Start the day with a cancelled train, end the day with one as well, aaaaaargh!

What an awesome day, mega thanks to all who managed to be there. Pictures and a few words to follow once I'm home.

COMMANDO FORCES

The new added mini pub crawl was successful, so we'll be doing that again.

As per the norm, we all started to meet up in the bowels of Forbidden Planet and we were greeted with an awesome new display

We were told by the boss that these were selling really well and I must say at £6.99 & £7.99 for some of them, local people are lucky buggers.

During our mooching down here, I managed to have a chat with Al Ewing, who was as polite as ever but that's for people who were there. I also managed to say a fleeting hi to Rob Williams as he prepared for the Dr Who signing, which was upstairs!

It was now time for the pub and a heated debate was had about who was the Doctor. It was a close run thing but it was decided that the greatest ever doctor was Jon Pertwee, with Tom Baker a close second. If any of the contingent deny this then I will say they were not there :D

Here we are in the Crown and Anchor (Guy is missing (as we lost him in the shop) and Albion had went to watch The Abion) You will have to scroll right for a few of these pic to see everyone, sorry, should've split the post up!

A little later we moved off to the Crobar which has Dredd and 2000 AD merchandise throughout the place, with loads of comic pages as wallpaper. Had a chat with the bar staff about when Lady Gaga was there and the place was swamped with the paparazzi.

Look at the wallpaper!

What's that on the shelf, at the top?

After this a few of us wandered across for the last one at The Ship (sorry, no pics) and many of you will remember that that was the pub that everyone had fun in on the night of the Dredd screening in Soho.

Those are just a few photos from the day gathering for your enjoyment. Gotta say, it was great fun again catching up with everyone again and I look forward to the Christmas Gathering, which will be near Christmas ;)

moly

Looks like a great turn out, will have to make one of these one day

ZenArcade

Super stuff lads and lassies. Love that pub. There is a similar pub in Belfast where they have the walls upstsirs papered with the old 2000AD monthly covers. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead