Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maryanddavid

Im watching this at the min on UTV, I love elections, all the spin, celebrations and recriminations.
I have only a passing knowledge of British politic, I would be pretty familiar with the goings on up north though, Its all facinating. Beware the polls, and bring in PR, it makes it even more entertaining!

David

M.I.K.

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 06 May, 2010, 10:18:59 PM
Our Lib Dem candidate went by the unlikely name of Sebastian MartineauTombs.  And he lived in that Edinburgh, some 70 miles away from our actual constituency.

That's nothin'. Our's lives in Birmingham (over 300 miles away).

The Legendary Shark

Ours is a lizard from Zeta Reticuli.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

COMMANDO FORCES

Northern Ireland First Minister is gone  :lol:

Nap Normal

I'm Staying up for this. The right ear of Andrew Neil is scaring me on BBC1. I think he could be a Vulcan. 
Falling in love makes you fat.

Colin MacNeil

Quote from: Nap Normal on 07 May, 2010, 12:58:33 AM
I'm Staying up for this. The right ear of Andrew Neil is scaring me on BBC1. I think he could be a Vulcan. 

Me too, Nap. It's gonna be a long night, but alcohol will help. :D
We get scottish election programme here, but I just discovered I can see what you see on BBC news channel. Haven't seen the ear yet!

MIKE COLLINS

QuoteMe too, Nap. It's gonna be a long night, but alcohol will help. Cheesy
We get scottish election programme here, but I just discovered I can see what you see on BBC news channel. Haven't seen the ear yet!

Same in Wales-- so I'm flicking between the two... charming low tech Cardiff studio vs Blofeld's Lair on BBC News!

Nap Normal

It's going to be a long night so time to open another bottle. We are trying to take it seriously but the Mrs and I are now voting on who has the best ears for the job. If it was all down to ears I think Brown could win it. 

Banners

Why are people in Kirkcaldy holding up their fists?

M@

Colin MacNeil

Quote from: Banners on 07 May, 2010, 01:33:30 AM

M@

Maybe he wanted to ask a question. Like "what happened to my deposit?" :D

Nap Normal

Quote from: Banners on 07 May, 2010, 01:33:30 AM

M@
What Party was fist man representing? I know he got 57 votes.
The Mrs said he must be a comic book fan which did make me laugh.

Banners

Heh - good work both of you :-) I think he was from the "Landless Peasant" party(!)

M@

Al_Ewing

His name is Sunglasses Fist or at least it should be.
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Colin MacNeil

Quote from: Banners on 07 May, 2010, 01:40:56 AM
Heh - good work both of you :-) I think he was from the "Landless Peasant" party(!)

M@

:lol:

The "Land is Power" party is the party he represented.

Lady Festina

Fist Man was some kind of "Land of the People" party - no idea what he meant. Thought it was black power with vitiligo..... (but that's obviously wholly inappropriate)....