Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Wolf

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 25 August, 2010, 06:36:01 PM
Only our chains, brother, only our chains.

I bet if Credit Unions became much more popular then the Bankster monopolists would try to legislate them out of existence.

Its just so easy to predict.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Peter Wolf

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 25 August, 2010, 06:48:47 PM

Not sure what happened but i didnt mean to double post

Competition is a sin apparently.

The whole thing is just the school playground bully scenario on a much bigger scale but the problem is solved in exactly the same way that you would deal with a bully in the playground.

People need to have more self respect.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

The Legendary Shark

Douglas Carswell leads the way on bank reform

There is a doctrine which creates wealth and spreads it around. It is just and moral. It works. It is called capitalism and, today, in practice, there is very obviously something wrong with it...

continues here:  http://conservativehome.blogs.com/centreright/2010/09/carswell-on-bank-reform.html

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

johnnystress

Sob  :( :-[ :o

http://www.politics.ie/education-science/138007-conor-lenihan-minister-science-launch-anti-evolution-book.html

Yes, The Irish Minister for Science is endorsing this bullshit

Anyone going to the Gorillas and Girls ball afterwards?

Roger Godpleton

That is one kerr-azy country you got there.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

johnnystress

Five years ago this same Minister shouted out a racist slur during a parliamentary debate

The following year he was appointed Minister For Immigration

wail :(

Jared Katooie

You guys have no idea. In terms of corruption, and sheer incompotence our government makes yours look like geniuses.

Getting back to Ireland's first (I hope) Creationism book, here's a sample.

Quote from: John J. May on 13 September, 2010, 09:42:45 PM
7 Reasons Why I Detect and Reject Evolution

1: It teaches us to be satisfied with - not understanding origins.

2: It promotes the dangerous nonsense of no first cause - no supreme scientist and suggests order came from disorder.

3: It is a mataphysical speculation, a doctrine dressed up in scientific garb.

4: Anyone who teaches evolution is either ignorant or deliberately suppressing the known scientific facts.

5: It is a toxic poisonous mind virus which destroys the hearts immune system against hope and common sense.

6: It is an anaesthetic against reason.

7: It cripples sanity, promotes myths, obscures reality and elevates matter above a maker.

JOE SOAP

At least one of us had the balls to literally "dance on the grave" of our most infamously crooked leader Haughey and film the occasion to share with the rest of us. How many would do it elsewhere?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pifibs_q7ec&feature=player_embedded

JOE SOAP

Gorillas and Girls Party, must be another "rugger" get-together in Lillies for the Blackrock Boys.

At least that cunt the Pope is too afraid to come here, he stops short at England now.

Roger Godpleton

Quote from: Jared Katooie on 13 September, 2010, 10:34:06 PM
You guys have no idea. In terms of corruption, and sheer incompotence our government makes yours look like geniuses.

YOU WORK FOR THEM
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

JOE SOAP

None of us are immune unfortunately. Once you settle for placing an X beside someone's name every four years you're FUCKED.

TordelBack

Jesus fucking Christ.  Not only do I get to watch these fuckwits destroy my country by failing to understand economics to even a Junior Cert level, now I have to see them publicly admit to utter contempt for the scientific process, and having read an extract from the book, basic logical thought. My four-year old has a better grasp on reality.  I feel sick.

JOE SOAP

Remember the blasphemy law installed this year by "Dermot de Torquemada ".

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: TordelBack on 13 September, 2010, 11:18:20 PM
Jesus fucking Christ.  Not only do I get to watch these fuckwits destroy my country by failing to understand economics to even a Junior Cert level, now I have to see them publicly admit to utter contempt for the scientific process, and having read an extract from the book, basic logical thought. My four-year old has a better grasp on reality.  I feel sick.

Seconded. Fuck them, fuck creationism and fuck their fucking blasphemy law.  Apparently freedom of speech is only permitted for believers in the outlandish superstitions of ancient desert tribes. (Apologies if you're religious, but that's the way I see it.) I wrote to my local TD for an explanation of the blasphemy law - did he get back to me or even acknowledge my letter? Did he balls.
Keep this shit out of educated countries. I think a letter to  Conor Lenihan, John J May and the papers is called for, for all the good it will do
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

JOE SOAP

Let's just stop paying taxes, hit 'em where it hurts.