Main Menu

SEPT/OCT Story Comp RESULTS/PRIZES!!

Started by Bad City Blue, 17 October, 2017, 10:02:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad City Blue

Boragg Thungg, Earthlets,

Apologies if you were expecting that reprobate Bad City Blue to be unveiling the winner of the latest Short Story Competition, but after observing previous competotions I thought I should step in.

I'm using his account whilst he is kept 'occupied' by Mek Quake. Painfully occupied.

I am always on the lookout for new scrpit droid. It seems every droid and his robo dog can rustle up some decent art (see the ghafflebette art comps for proof) but it takes a certain kind of twisted genius to create a script worthy of my mighty organ.

This is why I have stepped in - to congratulate those who have taken the time to play around with characters from 2000AD with zarjaz results. reading them gives me vinglop hudsock every time. It surely helps make this the most scrotnig web page this side of Betelgeusianbigbrother.com.

There were several greart entries this time, and I am very pleased to congratulate BOLT 01 for his sterling tale "Kid Knee - The Morning After". He will be receiving a 2000AD graphic novel soon fro my loyal droids at Rebllion HQ.

In addition, the random voter prize is awared to Earthlet James Newell.

I shall instruct the Bad City Blue droid (once repairs have been seen to) to make the next competition a little more light hearted, as I enjoy a good laugh as much as the next rampaging Thetan nostril beast.

Splundid Vur Thrigg and thrashoruns,

Tharg the Mighty

Kid Knee- The morning after.

The first thing that I notice, even before the smell, is the pain. It is always there and nothing shifts it. Even the blinding headache from the hangover I'm waking up to is just an extra notch in symphony of agony I live with.

But the smell is pretty bad so I decide to open my eyes and find out where on the station I am.

The glorious blue sky above me can only mean one thing- I'm not actually on the station any more. Which means I must've blacked out- which means- I don't know where I am.

Last I remember is Butch telling me he wanted me to hand over my blaster- collateral on my tab... and that was about half nine Doghouse time so assuming this is the following day I must be on Earth? But the smell? What is that?

I'm on a bench, looks to be about mid-morning and... Sunday, it's Sunday. I've still got my ID, so it's not the worst situation I've been in but I've not got my comm... what did I do with that?

I need a drink. Take the edge off this pain. And what the hell is that smell?

I don't recognise anything around me, so did I come here on my own? How? Was I with Maginty? I remember talking to him at one point- he was mooching drinks off some newbies...

Okay, I'm getting nowhere here. I need a drink and I think I might be about to be sick- this smell is making me feel even worse. For me being sick is a bit of a big deal- my plumbing is all messed up, comes from having my head on my right leg.

When I stand up the full horror of my headache sets in- I'm staggering up the path to the mall and why am I wet..? Oh, no- I've pissed myself. Which means I've got last nights beer piss dribbling down my leg towards my head. That's something norms don't have to deal with- sneckers. And that'll be the smell. Ah sneck...

Nothing I can do about it now- need to get back to the Doghouse, find a comm and get a drink- really don't care which comes first now.

The headache is really bad this morning- Dr Bob told me it was going to be getting worse, when she wasn't trying to lecture me about the drink, but she's got no idea how bad it really is. After all no-one else has got arthritis in their skull...

The mall is shut- Sunday- but I thought these places were all seven days a week opening- what time 'is' it?

Okay- I'm going back to my bench and get my head up for a bit- when this place opens I'll be able to get back, but I just wish I could remember where I was...
Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

NapalmKev

Congratulations Bolt-01. And well done to all entrants, look forward to the next Competition.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Timothy

Bolt-01

Aw shucks, squaxx. Thanks for the votes, I only ever enter for the fun so I don't expect to win. Really enjoyable crop of tales as well. Posting from my phone, as I'm on my holiday.

TordelBack

Well done, Bolt! 

Also wanted to say that I read everyone's entries (I usually do) but hummed and hawed over my votes so long that I forgot to post them (which I frequently do) - so everyone's work is being enjoyed and appreciated by more squaxx than the voting tallies might suggest.   

Echidna

Great stuff Bolt-01. I like the details about Kid's mixed-up plumbing and cranial arthritis - no wonder the poor bastard's always in such a bad mood.

Brian Corcoran

Well done Bolt-01, a cracking read! Thoroughly deserved. Here's to the next one.

Heath C Ackley

"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

james newell

The Legendary Shark

Well done Bolt and all scribes - another great crop of stories!

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Bolt-01

And I picked up the book from the post office today- what a stunner!

i've never read this strip so very much looking forward to it reaching the top of 'to be read' mountain.

Thanks again for the votes, and to both BCB and TMO for the comp.

Woolly

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 02 November, 2017, 04:47:37 PM
And I picked up the book from the post office today- what a stunner!

i've never read this strip so very much looking forward to it reaching the top of 'to be read' mountain.

Thanks again for the votes, and to both BCB and TMO for the comp.

Now I'm intrigued! Just which GN did you (deservedly) win?

Bolt-01

Hangs head in shame for not actually saying--

It was a HB copy of the Dracula Files.

Cheers again.