Main Menu

Episodes 1 to 600

Started by JG, 11 March, 2002, 08:04:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JG

Hi
I have episodes 1 to 600 gathering dust in my loft, are they of any value ?

Thread Zero

The Amstor Computer

If you mean 2000AD issues 1-600, then they definitely are.
In good condition, the first half-dozen issues can fetch upward of ?40-50 each, more if they still have free gifts attached.
From issue 10 onward, the price starts to drop, but you can still expect anywhere up to ?20 for issues upto 100 - though this really depends on how much the market at the time. Issues 71-72 & 77-78 in particular are worth a great deal in good condition, as they have NEVER been reprinted due to a run-in with some particularly nasty lawyers.

From prog 100 onwards, the value of individual comics will be far less, so your best bet is to try selling them in batches of 50 or 100.
Up until prog 300, you could maybe sell batches like this for around ?50 upwards - again, it's really dependent on the market. Sometimes you'll find someone who's willing to pay top whack, sometimes you might end up selling a run of 100 issues for ?15!

By the time you get to issue 500 onwards, you can probably expect to sell the progs at cover price, and often for less. Again, selling in batches is probably your best bet.

Keep an eye out for special editions. Issue 500, the tenth anniversary issue 520, the first appearances of popular characters or strips that have never been reprinted - these issues are usually worth more, especially if they're in good nick.

Hope this helps!

Tron

And I may be interested in buying them. :) What sort of condition are they in? You can email me @
kiecla@vmc-consulting.com and let me know how much you want.

Wake

You are way out for your estimates for progs 10-100...most of them are worth closer to ?3 than ?20, except for progs 71/72/77/78 which are worth ?20 each.

Wake

Link: Online price guide

The Amstor Computer

The ?20 figure was an upper limit for those progs - and I have seen individual progs from 10-100 going for that price. I should have made it clear that that was the absolute maximum.

Mudcrab

Except 71/72/77/78 which I've seen going for ?41 each. Although I think that's going a bit too far. But, they're worth what someone will pay for them I suppose.
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Fortysixter

2000ads dont gather dust. they should be bagged and cherished, and you should keep 'em and go and buy all the back issues to get your collection up to speed. then enjoy them. alterntaively, I'll pay you ?75.00 for the lot and come and collect them. email me me at
gpschofield666@hotmail.com, and I'll come get 'em if you want.