Main Menu

2000 AD-related 3D models...

Started by Mike Carroll, 16 February, 2007, 03:58:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Carroll

I decided it was about time I showed off some of the 3D models I've put together over the past few years...

In a blatant attempt to also pimp some of my books, the link below is part of my website for my New Heroes series.

Aside from vanity, one of the other reasons I'm putting the pics on-line is because I'm looking for suggestions for other 2000 AD-based models. (I'm toying with the idea of tackling the ABC Warriors, but I don't think I'm quite up to such a mammoth task yet!)

It's a graphics-intensive page, so dial-up users beware!

-- Mike

Link: http://www.iol.ie/~carrollm/qp/graphics.htm" target="_blank">Mike's 2000 AD models

jock

thanks again for letting me use your 3D model on prog 1450 mike.

jock

johnnystress

Great stuff Mike

isnt the LandRaider the coolest toy ever?

Mike Carroll

> thanks again for letting me use your 3D model on prog 1450 mike.

You're welcome, Jock. It's a great cover!

> isnt the LandRaider the coolest toy ever?

Definitely! I could never afford one when I was a kid, but I bought one on eBay a couple of years ago. It's very bashed-up (doesn't even have the tank threads), but I still love it!

Shame that they never released a Judge Dredd version. Ohh, there's an idea for Termight Replicas...

-- Mike

Trout

There's a bloody good idea!

Soner or later I'll pick up a Land Raider, too, and leave it on my dust-gathering shelf...

Nice work, Mike, BTW.

- Trout

Mike Carroll

Here's another one... (Haven't quite finished the hands yet, which is why they look so stiff.)

-- Mikehttp://www.iol.ie/~carrollm/hoagy20070218.jpg">

Noisybast

Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

johnnystress

I never thought of it before but now I want a toy Hoagy!!

Hello termight Replicas?

Woolly

Thats ace that is! Yup!

Is that a space spinner he's playing with?

JOE SOAP

Matt Timson

I still love that Dredd badge- what programs do you use, Mike?
Pffft...

Mike Carroll

I'm currently using version 6 of Cinema 4D. I got it free with a cover disc years ago. One day - when I'm rich - I'll buy the latest version... Probably.

I'm still looking for suggestions as to what to model next (though Carlos Sanchez Robo-Stogie is very high on the list).

-- Mike

Richmond Clements

Sticking with the Dredd thing how about a Manta?

Or a Blitzspear?

Yeah, do the Blitzspear!

Mike Carroll

A Manta would be great, but there's never been a really definitive version, as far as I recall.

So maybe a Blitzspear is on the cards! There's more than one version of that, too, but I'm thinking specifically of the one on the cover of The Complete Nemesis, volume 1.

-- Mike

Byron Virgo

An O'Neil Blitzspear? Luvverly!

Is there *nothing* you can't do, Mike...?