Main Menu

Crap you really don't need but still want.

Started by richerthanyou, 26 March, 2016, 07:48:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

richerthanyou

Why do I need a life sized alien egg? Well it is Easter I suppose. Does it serve any practical use? No. Do I still want it. Hell yes!

:D

http://necaonline.com/54355/products/collectables/prop-replicas/aliens-life-size-xenomorph-egg-replica-with-led-lights/
(  ゚,_ゝ゚)   

The Doctor Alt 8

Where do I begin?  :lol:

I'd love a solar powered water feature for my "garden" but even if I could afford to get it ... I am sure it would be stolen. Everyone knows that the security cameras round our flat are purely decorative.

repoman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=7QXq-daA4PI&feature=emb_logo

I kind of bailed on tat when I ended up with a ton of Pop Vinyl things and other various gaming/movie figures.  I had an ultimate purge on all of it.  Sold everything apart from a Judge Death pop, a couple of Golden Girls ones and some Big Trouble in Little China ones.  I do still have an alien facehugger plushie.

Sold a bunch of Nintendo game and watch units and all my old consoles too.

But, I'm in the process of moving house and so for the next house my list of needful things is;

a decent soundbar for my TV (should have done this years ago)
an ultrawidescreen monitor for my PC

and once I get everything done, I'm really quite keen on getting an arcade cabinet.  I quite like the smaller ones that Arcade1UP do.  But I hate the art on them.  So unless they make a Donkey Kong or Bomb Jack one, I'll likely not bother.

And I'd really like to commission some Judge Death art by either Nick P or Dave R.  I expect that'll involve some serious payola if it can be done at all. 

However, I'll likely not buy much or any of that stuff.  I just like mental window shopping!

sheridan

Quote from: repoman on 05 May, 2020, 03:44:42 PM
I kind of bailed on tat when I ended up with a ton of Pop Vinyl things and other various gaming/movie figures.  I had an ultimate purge on all of it.  Sold everything apart from a Judge Death pop, a couple of Golden Girls ones and some Big Trouble in Little China ones.  I do still have an alien facehugger plushie.

Golden Girls?  As in, four people of pensionable age living together in a house in Miami (if memory serves)?  Not to disparage tastes or anything, just that stands out as being rather different from the other two in the list!

repoman

Quote from: sheridan on 05 May, 2020, 03:50:39 PM
Quote from: repoman on 05 May, 2020, 03:44:42 PM

Golden Girls?  As in, four people of pensionable age living together in a house in Miami (if memory serves)?  Not to disparage tastes or anything, just that stands out as being rather different from the other two in the list!

Yep, that's the one.  To be fair the collection was all Alien, Robocop type stuff for the longest time.  But yeah Golden Girls. Now if they made a New Statesman Alan B'Stard one, I'd have to get that.  Or a Judge Death one.  But I'm super tat averse now.

I, Cosh

After a few days of psyching myself up, I ordered this yesterday around half five.

We never really die.

Colin YNWA

Excellent choice sir. I am currently fighting off the urge to order a Lego pirate ship that's lovely and ya know pirates.

The Enigmatic Dr X

I sold a tonne of Star Wars lego for more than I paid for it. Including a Star Destroyed bought under the influence on Boxing Day one year and stuck in my loft when I realised it was so big I would have nowhere to put the model.

I had a motorized At At, a Tantive IV and discontinuted stuff.

Got enough for a sofa bed, which is of more use now that plastic tat. I have since avoided all such stuff. It's cool, really cool, stuff but I just can't justify it any more.

Top tip: order from Amazon.fr or Amazon.de. Typically 70% of the UK price and despatched from the UK warehouse!
Lock up your spoons!

sheridan

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 05 May, 2020, 05:55:41 PM
Excellent choice sir. I am currently fighting off the urge to order a Lego pirate ship that's lovely and ya know pirates.

I'm thinking you're talking about Pirates of Barracuda Bay - updating of a classic set, apparently.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: sheridan on 06 May, 2020, 12:25:01 PM
Quote from: Colin YNWA on 05 May, 2020, 05:55:41 PM

I'm thinking you're talking about Pirates of Barracuda Bay - updating of a classic set, apparently.

Yeah that's the one - man it looks great - so stop adding links to tempt me to look at it again!

I'm also quite keen on the Lego Wind Turbine ... which I find a bit weird but there you are!

https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/vestas-wind-turbine-10268

sheridan

I'm currently trying to convince myself either to buy or not buy the latest AT-AT walker when it becomes available (celebrating the 40th anniversary of Empire).

Colin YNWA

Quote from: sheridan on 06 May, 2020, 01:27:15 PM
I'm currently trying to convince myself either to buy or not buy the latest AT-AT walker when it becomes available (celebrating the 40th anniversary of Empire).

Oh no I need to stop reading your comments. I only just convinced myself that I don't need an AT-AT (I did buy a second hand Falcon instead - its bloody GREAT) and if there's a new one... well I might just buckle....

sheridan

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 06 May, 2020, 01:29:20 PM

Oh no I need to stop reading your comments. I only just convinced myself that I don't need an AT-AT (I did buy a second hand Falcon instead - its bloody GREAT) and if there's a new one... well I might just buckle....

That was my thinking, except I managed to resist the Falcon.  So far.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: sheridan on 06 May, 2020, 08:03:39 PM
Quote from: Colin YNWA on 06 May, 2020, 01:29:20 PM

That was my thinking, except I managed to resist the Falcon.  So far.

Oh don't resist the Falcon. The Falcon is the Lego set you do need. Its lovely... not like cool wreck Pirate Ships, or funky green power sources, or silly four legged death machines... oh no we don't need those at all... no we don't ... no... no

shaolin_monkey

I'm trying to convince myself that I don't need a first edition, first print, of H.G. Wells' 'The War of the Worlds'.

I haven't seen one in that good condition going so cheaply, only £2500, and I haven't used my credit card in a long time, and it is my holy grail of books, but what would I do with it, because it would just sit there next to my other books doing nothing, probably in a plastic case to protect it, and I'd have to buy those cotton gloves to be able to handle it, but then it would look so great next to my first edition of his collected sci-fi works, although it would only be me that would get to appreciate it, and what's the point in all this stuff if you can't share it, so I probably won't get it, but it's so cheeeaaappp, and a chance like this might never come up again, and want it so bad and and and and aaaaarrrrggghhhh!!!!!