Main Menu

Torrent files into MP3

Started by Hawkmumbler, 14 September, 2016, 11:50:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

OK folk, who here knows how to convert torrent audio files into MP3 format (via Audacity preferably, can't find anything online of help more fool me) so you can actually listen to the damn things in VLC? I've tried everything from resetting the bit-float to switching from split to mono, can't seem to find a way to do it. Do I somehow have to extract individual files from the Torrent file first?...Hhhmmm...

Banners

Assuming you're talking about music, it's probably just best to buy the songs and support the artists.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Banners on 15 September, 2016, 05:35:36 AM
Assuming you're talking about music, it's probably just best to buy the songs and support the artists.
It's not music, it's an obscure French audio drama I'm intending to review and has never, and probably will never, receive a UK release.

TordelBack

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Tordelback on 15 September, 2016, 06:47:14 AM
Aaaarrr, Hawk lad, aaaarrr!  ;)
Be 'eck this tech! Ain't half complicated!

Luckily I've since found a way to get the files properly extracted in the name of science, thanks anyway chaps.

Hawkmumbler

Heh, actually I can imagine how dodgy this all look. Apologise for that, I can assure you that I NEVER torrent, otherwise I wouldn't have had to ask. I always, whenever possible, purchase an actual copy of media in either digital or physical format to support the artist, heck even second hand if need be. But often times I stumble across curiosity pieces that just aren't available in any shape or form, and in those cases you've got to look to the fan community for open source copies.

I, Cosh

What banners said.

Also, a torrent file itself only contains metadata.
We never really die.

Banners

Sorry to get on the high horse upthread—fair play to you. Cheers.

sheridan

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 15 September, 2016, 08:11:10 AM
Heh, actually I can imagine how dodgy this all look. Apologise for that, I can assure you that I NEVER torrent, otherwise I wouldn't have had to ask. I always, whenever possible, purchase an actual copy of media in either digital or physical format to support the artist, heck even second hand if need be. But often times I stumble across curiosity pieces that just aren't available in any shape or form, and in those cases you've got to look to the fan community for open source copies.
On a technical point - open source is something that only the rightful copyright holder can declare, along with creative commons.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: sheridan on 15 September, 2016, 10:26:20 AM
On a technical point - open source is something that only the rightful copyright holder can declare, along with creative commons.
I highly doubt anyone knows who owns the rights to the 1945 FANTÔMAS serials, nor does anyone but vintage noir drama fans care!

sheridan

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 15 September, 2016, 10:51:24 AM
Quote from: sheridan on 15 September, 2016, 10:26:20 AM
I highly doubt anyone knows who owns the rights to the 1945 FANTÔMAS serials, nor does anyone but vintage noir drama fans care!
In that case, it's possible that the copyright on something from that era has lapsed.