Main Menu

Abaddon banner?

Started by The Amstor Computer, 03 June, 2006, 01:33:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

W. R. Logan

Then get all posts sent by e-mail.

W. R. Logan

>red? you're lucky, on my mac it's a horrible sludgy brown

same here, thought my eyes had gone funny.

Bolt-01

Maybe it is brown... I'm colour blind too.

Bolt-01

Keef Monkey

I'm also colour blind and having to concentrate pretty damn hard to work out what I've read. The Abaddon banner doesn't annoy me though as I hadn't actually bothered to go and check them out until I saw the Barker comment, and now I'm going to purchase some stuff. So I guess the mighty power of advertising worked this time!

IndigoPrime

Same here. Strange colour choice, too. The original grey chosen was done so because it's a different saturation level to the purple. This meant that visited links were less prominent, meaning the eye would skip over them (and it should also have been reasonably usable for those that have some measure of colour blindness. The new colour is a bizarre decision in that visited links now -- on my monitors at least -- look more prominent than the links you've not yet checked out.

The Amstor Computer

The Abaddon banner doesn't annoy me though as I hadn't actually bothered to go and check them out until I saw the Barker comment, and now I'm going to purchase some stuff

Heh, it was pretty much the opposite for me - ISTR approving Barker quotes cropping up on the covers of all kinds of shite, so having him endorse the Abaddon line wasn't too promising!

Still, I think I'll be checking out Spurrier's book at least...

Funt Solo

I've got used to blanking out banner ads - especially large, clunky animated ones.  The effect it's had on the page is clumsy and distracting, though - leaving that big white space underneath the 2000AD logo.

To fix it, couldn't it be placed inside a new <div> and then absolutely positioned relative to the <body> using the top and left styles?  That way, it wouldn't effect the layout of the rest of the page.  It might need its height adjusted by a few pixels in order that it didn't overlap the top centre menu.

---

And the new colour for visited links is dire - very difficult to make out.  Please change it back.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Wake

The auto-embedding in the sendmail was caused by the code for the flash banner using the same variable as the sendmail, and has just been fixed.

The flash banner placement has now been fixed in Firefox - it was fine on Friday in IE.

I'll have to look into the read thread colour. The change wasn't intentional and no-one modified the css so I'm not sure what caused it.

Cheers,

Wake

I, Cosh

I'll have to look into the read thread colour.

It's gone back to normal now.
We never really die.

scutfink

Maybe I should post this here, edited slightly for clarity

The home page, opening paragraph, where Tharg attempts to convince you to subscribe or visit his future shop, used to have a link direct to this board...

I came on here yesterday and there it was, gone, (wotupwitdat?) thus leading me to rediscover the Prog 534 club and unintentionally instigate a programme of prolonged necroposting...

scutfink

Prog 534 Club Member 0000000010 G