Main Menu

A circle around Pat Mills' characters

Started by Wake, 22 January, 2003, 09:19:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt

Seems to me that Pat's just protecting his interests and the interests of his creations. I can understand that. just a pity he didn't exercise this interest around the time of the Nemesis photo story.

Wils

Seems to me that Pat's just protecting his interests and the interests of his creations.

But if *every* writer decided to act like this, it'd kill fanzines altogether.

All characters and strips were created by *someone*, so the argument of 'house characters' doesn't sit that well with me. It seems to me that Pat regards anything not written by him as a house character, although what makes him think he deserves to still be on the pedestal he *earnt* 20-odd years ago (considering the amount of navel gazing, self-satisfying nonsense he's produced since the Horned God) and be classed in a league *far* above all of the other creators and be treated as some sort of 2000ad deity is beyond me.

Oddboy

Breakfast?  I'd rather have the extra ten minutes asleep.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Quirkafleeg

Yeah, porridge is the business but most of the time I cannot be asked making it?

As in all things variety is the spice fo life so I?ve eat lots of different cereals over the years? although I did go through a cup of coffee and a cigarette phase in my decadent youth.

Hmm since milk now comes in boxes or plastic instead of proper glass bottles with sliver tops, cream or top-of-the-milk/toppo as I used to call it (?Can I have the toppo, mum!?), is now a thing of the past sadly? well you can buy full Monty added fat Jersey cow breakfast milk, but it does not seem the same some how.

Art

Better than porridge...

Porridge with whiskey

Jared Katooie

Mills' statements seem fair enough. He seems a grumpy guy but he's not malicious. God, it's great to be able to say stuff like that!

Queen Firey-Bou

quite frankly theres one place & one place only for breakfast cereals & thats supper or pudding. All that milky crunchiness first thing ? blurrkkkk, dry toast puleaaseee.

cereals are a conspiracy to encourage expensive grazing by our children, crunchy nut cornflakes? wheres the natural goodness in that? pah they'll be making chocodisneyfruitpops with extra condenced vodka & redbullchips next.

porraige after yur watery gruel really rounds the day off i find.

petemaskreplica

No cereal on earth can compete with the mighty Bacon Sandwich.

karne

I actually preferred Flesh: Chronicide, to Mill's Flesh Book III: The legend of Shamana.

Wils

For me, a bacon sandwich is tops about half ten in the morning, but first thing, the usual and *best* breakfast for me is a cup of tea and a fag. I always save cereal until late at night. No particular reason why though.

almighty mat

++Better than porridge...

Porridge with whiskey++

Why do you think those Ready Brek kids used to have such a red glow first thing in the morning?

mat

Andy Diggle

Special K Reb Berries with a chopped-up banana in it... Breakfast Of Champions! : )

Link: http://www.andydiggle.com" target="_blank">andydiggle.com

almighty mat

do they sti;; make Wheetos? A bit funny tasting, but they never turned to dust in the bottom of ther box-although putting a substance THAT hard into your body might not be a good idea.

mat

JimBob

When I gave up smoking I found I really craved the breakfast fag, always the best cig of the day, and head and shoulders above food. Still I'm much healthier now and in no way miss my little smoky buddies (keep on telling yourslef that Jim)

Bolt-01

Back to Pat Mills, I suppose this will knacker my idea for having Bill savages brain inside an early ABC warrior story!

The bugger of it is, it ties things together just nicely.

What a waste, I have pages of sketch work as well.

rotts