Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

How things look depends on the lens used.

It's why portrait photographers use a longer lens as it's more flattering, where a wider angle close up tends to distort the features.

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Looks fantastic, finally we are getting a proper Dredd film.

MR. ELIMINATOR

Quote from: radiator on 06 February, 2012, 05:43:49 PM

Still can't quite believe how jarring that helmet looks in that first picture. It blows my mind that something wasn't done about it - surely someone in the cast or crew would have flagged it as a problem?

Bizarrely, it actually appears to be smaller in the close up where it looks fine. Does it just look massive from certain angles or something?

I think it's because his head is tilted down so it casts more of his face in shadow making it seem smaller.

LARF

WOW!

I love that shot of Anderson blowing the back of Iain M Banks head off!

This looks like it's going to be a great film!!!

CYCLOPZ

Quote from: Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty) on 06 February, 2012, 04:49:48 PM
Great pics, gives us a real feel for this movie now and long overdue. Im liking the eagle embellishment on the plating works for me now.

And gore too! Nice to see Justice being dispensed by Cassandra :)

[spoiler]Is she Shooting?[/spoiler]

radiator

I promised myself I wouldn't get drawn into doing photoshops of movie images, but couldn't resist this time.

It's a fine line between badass and bobblehead...

CraveNoir

On the head shot I just noticed the secondary eagle wing under the main pauldron. If you look at the shot of Judge Lex in the Empire article there appears to be another set of eagle tail feathers moulded on the arm of his leathers. I did wonder if Dredd Anderson would be unclipping those Austrialpine Cobras. and slinking out of that bulky vest.

Quote from: radiator on 06 February, 2012, 05:43:49 PM
I very much doubt these are stills from the actual film, they look like snaps taken on-set. I wouldn't read anything into that reflection, its probably just Cape Town.

The big red blob behind him is a display screen outside the entrance to Cape Town Civic Centre. From the cheek wound, and the distressed costume it looks like it was taken when they were shooting the end of the film.

Adrian Bamforth

Is there anything in the script explaining why Anderson never gets to wear a helmet even in shoot-outs? (Of course we know the true reason is because she's pretty).

radiator

QuoteIs there anything in the script explaining why Anderson never gets to wear a helmet even in shoot-outs? (Of course we know the true reason is because she's pretty).

In short - yes.

[spoiler]They are about to storm an apartment, and the following exchange occurs:

Dredd: "I was wondering when you'd remember that you left your helmet back at base"
Anderson: "Wearing it inteferes with my (psychic) abilities."
Dredd: "Not as much as a bullet would".[/spoiler]

Pete Wells

Fuck yeah! I'm VERY happy with those pics!

Gonk

Tantalising, could do with more. Looks like the doom mongers are wrong.
coming at a cinema near you soon

Noisybast

Quote from: radiator on 06 February, 2012, 06:49:14 PM
In short - yes.

[spoiler]They are about to storm an apartment, and the following exchange occurs:

Dredd: "I was wondering when you'd remember that you left your helmet back at base"
Anderson: "Wearing it inteferes with my (psychic) abilities."
Dredd: "Not as much as a bullet would".[/spoiler]

Which is a perfectly good rationale for her not wearing it and a nice bit of Wagneresque deadpan Dredd!
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

radiator

Yep. My abiding impression from the script - of which I have only read the first 10-12 pages, and very lightly skimmed the rest - is that it utterly nails the character and attitude of Dredd, and that to me is the most important thing.

blackmocco

Quote from: CraveNoir on 06 February, 2012, 06:39:51 PM
On the head shot I just noticed the secondary eagle wing under the main pauldron. If you look at the shot of Judge Lex in the Empire article there appears to be another set of eagle tail feathers moulded on the arm of his leathers. I did wonder if Dredd Anderson would be unclipping those Austrialpine Cobras. and slinking out of that bulky vest.

Have two (probably stupid) theories about that. Didn't Wagner make a suggestion early on about the costumes being altered to match the comic a little better? Wonder if the vests and pads are part of that and they cover up what the original costume had in place?

Also, think how much BIGGER those helmets would look on someone's head without that added padding and armor. I think it looks fucking excellent as it is but wonder what the first pass at the costumes looked like.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

dweezil2

These appear to be promo shots rather than actual stills taken from the finished film.

But either way they look great!
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo