Main Menu

Non 2000ad artwork that you own ....

Started by Fatboydale, 20 January, 2013, 07:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skullmo

Quote from: Proteus4 on 31 January, 2015, 04:30:21 AM
Wow! I love the early turtles stuff. Where'd you get these?
Dave

Ebay. I got a few more too! Lovely work.
It's a joke. I was joking.

Greg M.

Quote from: sheridan on 16 July, 2015, 12:44:36 PM
I'm sure I've seen that image before.  At a guess I'd say it was in one of the older editions of the Call of Cthulhu RPG (or conceivably White Dwarf, before it became a house mag).

I've got 2nd and 5th editions of CoC, and I don't think it's in either of those, though I could be wrong. I'm sure it's either been in something RPG-related or a Lovecraft collection though.

Skullmo

Another Ninja Turtles pages - from return to New York. A classic page from anyone who knows the story.

Dunk!

+Dust down this old thread+

Do you remember MukTuk Wolfsbreath: Hard-boiled Shaman?

No, of course you don't, no one does. Well, it was a series that ran in Terry LaBan's anthology comic CUD in the early 90's, combining Siberian Shamanism with a Sam Spade inner dialogue for the main character.

I loved it, enough in fact to buy a shedload of original art from the series for my birthday.

It's that joy of owning the actual physical originals of art/stories that had an affect on you years before. Can't be beat IMO.

"Trust we"

Colin YNWA

There's something very Pete Bagge about that art.

Dunk!

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 29 July, 2015, 03:57:46 PM
There's something very Pete Bagge about that art.
Yeah, with a strong vein of Gilbert Shelton. Good call.

Dunk!
"Trust we"

Skullmo

Link Prime

I came late to the party for Alex De Campi's Grindhouse series, but a slew of recommendations (including a few on this forum) pointed me in the right direction.

Was chuffed to pick up this piece from the "controversial" Nebulina story, direct from artist John Lucas on The 'Bay.
Even more so that I received a detailed prelim of the page free of charge too. Really nice chap.

Link Prime

Although I'm temporarily retired from the original artwork collecting game I had a very pleasant surprise on Saturday.
My sister and her husband are living in San Francisco at the moment, and attended the comic-con last weekend.

Whilst there they bought me a gorgeous Excalibur page from Casey Jones.
This is from Warren Ellis' run on the book, a personal favorite from back in the day (Christ, 20 years ago).
To top it off, it's from my favorite single issue of Excalibur; the 'Days of Future Past' tie-in, number 94. Christmas can't come soon enough.

Greg M.

Quote from: Link Prime on 05 September, 2016, 10:31:12 AM
Although I'm temporarily retired from the original artwork collecting game I had a very pleasant surprise on Saturday.

Nice page... but I hope you realise that saying 'I'm temporarily retired...' automatically makes a page appear that you have to have. At least, that's what always happens to me.

Link Prime

Quote from: Greg M. on 05 September, 2016, 12:45:24 PM
Quote from: Link Prime on 05 September, 2016, 10:31:12 AM

Nice page... but I hope you realise that saying 'I'm temporarily retired...' automatically makes a page appear that you have to have. At least, that's what always happens to me.

Sure no soon had I typed that as I saw an ABC Warriors page by Henry Flint going for £100 on Ebay.
But no, the boss has put her foot firmly down- I have to save me pennies.

sheridan

I'd completely forgotten, but I have a page / strip from Garth by Frank Bellamy.

E171 "Garth, are you a soldier of that little flea General Custer..." in the following image:

I did once see it in a collected Titan edition in the mid-eighties, but I was a kid and only had enough money to buy back progs - Titan collected albums were for christmas, and The Ballad of Halo Jones was about to come out!

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: sheridan on 05 September, 2016, 07:05:39 PM

I'd completely forgotten, but I have a page / strip from Garth by Frank Bellamy.

Show off.
Lock up your spoons!

Mangamax

The perspective on that chairs all wrong

sheridan

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 06 September, 2016, 08:05:24 AM
Quote from: sheridan on 05 September, 2016, 07:05:39 PM

Should point out it's the only page of published comic art I have (and I haven't even read the full story it comes from).  I'm just on this thread for the sights.
Show off.