Main Menu

Top ten Dredds and top ten non-Dredd thrills

Started by Eamonn Clarke, 11 June, 2018, 01:18:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Interesting to see John Smith's Indigo Prime edge out more predictable top-tenners like Zenith and Bad Company - strips that make it onto character montage covers alongside the holy trinity.

Cheers, Eamonn.

Funt Solo

I always really enjoyed the ideas presented in Indigo Prime tales (and that they existed in a sort of pantheon) but sometimes had a hard time figuring out the techno-babble.  It's the level of confusion that would stop me listing those.  I should probably re-read them to see if they make any more sense decades later.

These lists are a bit rose-tinted, probably.  I haven't read Portrait of a Mutant for maybe 30 years.

Very interesting stuff: thanks for putting it together.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Magnetica

Yes very much an 80s heavy list. Bit surprised to see no placing for Nikolai Dante, Kingdom or Brink. But then again I didn't vote for them when I cast mine- but I think I would if the vote was held again.

Colin YNWA

I kept meaning to get to this and when I got close continually flip-flapped about getting my list right and hnece procastinated enough to never get to it.

Now I feel bad as while its difficult to argue against any of the decisions here I feel I've let my favourites down and lament the lack of Nikolai Dante and Sinister Dexter.

AlexF

Many, many thanks to Eamonn for putting this all together! Easy to make a suggestion, less easy to do all the necessary admin and recording to bring it to life.

It's kinda hard to argue with any of those three lists, and also gratifying to see that the Dredd list contains a range of strips from across the last 40 years. Bit sad not to see any Dabnett, Grennie or Rmorrison but it's not exactly clear what you'd bump off the list to fit them in!

Batman's Superior Cousin

Dredd Stories
1) Trifecta
2) Monkey On My Back
3) Great Expectations
4) House of Pain
5) The Small House
6) Choose Your Own X-Mas
7) Terror Rising
8) Road Stop
9) Regime Change
10) Meet The Umbersons

Non-Dredd
1) Nikolai Dante
2) The Ten-Seconders
3) The 86ers
4) Brink
5) The Grievous Journey of Ichabod Azrael (And The Dead Left In His Wake)
6) Caballistics, Inc
7) Cradlegrave
8) Shakara
9) Stickleback
10) Kingdom
Honorable Mentions include Absalom, The Alienist, the first series of Bad Company, Counterfeit Girl, Dead Signal, The Fall of Deadworld, Grey Area, Nemesis the Warlock, Rogue Trooper, Tharg's 3rillers (especially Voodoo Planet, The House of Gilded Peak and Colony), The Zaucer of Zilk, Zenith and Zombo
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night