Main Menu

Wot I Ate On My Holidays

Started by Buttonman, 03 October, 2012, 08:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

Quote from: Buttonman on 06 October, 2019, 01:31:18 AM
Shut it you lot! Although I do concede that the American style of toilet does allow itself to different type of productions...

No, not of that.

I hesitate to ask, but how are US toilets different to UK/European toilets?  Pictures not necessary, nay positively discouraged.  They've got to be better, right?  They can't be worse!  Please let them not be worse!

sheridan

Quote from: Funt Solo on 06 October, 2019, 10:30:43 PM
I thought "I wonder what would happen if I searched The Google with the term <restaurant with toilets for seats>?"

Why did I click on that link?  I'd say "only in Japan" but some of those results were from Taiwan.  Also, I'll never look at a chocolate ice cream the same way again.

Buttonman

Quote from: sheridan on 20 October, 2019, 01:00:53 PM

I hesitate to ask, but how are US toilets different to UK/European toilets?  Pictures not necessary, nay positively discouraged.  They've got to be better, right?  They can't be worse!  Please let them not be worse!

I wouldn't say better but certainly different. I think they are lower so that encourages a different type of movement - longer and less like the chop chop that ours encourage. The flush is also different - quite like an aircraft toilet where it's whoosh! - all gone rather than our 'bomb it with water til it goes away' affair.

Funt Solo

So, I read this article recently about toilet posture that was fascinating. Back in the British Empire days, they were surprised to find, when they took over India, that rates of bowel cancer, death by pooping (by being overly strenuous on the throne) and other such jobby-related complications were far fewer there despite the fact that the Empire's homeland had proper sit-down khazis, and all the locals had were holes in the ground.

Well, it turns out that squatting is better than sitting (while shitting): because it avoids kinks in the hose. Those kinks cause problems! The Norwegians know this and have lower toilets, which forces your knees up, which also helps de-kink the hose.

Knees up Mother Brown has a whole new meaning...
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Proudhuff

threadjacking has its own thread  ;)
DDT did a job on me

Rately

Quote from: Funt Solo on 20 October, 2019, 03:53:14 PM
So, I read this article recently about toilet posture that was fascinating. Back in the British Empire days, they were surprised to find, when they took over India, that rates of bowel cancer, death by pooping (by being overly strenuous on the throne) and other such jobby-related complications were far fewer there despite the fact that the Empire's homeland had proper sit-down khazis, and all the locals had were holes in the ground.

Well, it turns out that squatting is better than sitting (while shitting): because it avoids kinks in the hose. Those kinks cause problems! The Norwegians know this and have lower toilets, which forces your knees up, which also helps de-kink the hose.

Knees up Mother Brown has a whole new meaning...

Google "Squatty Potty".

Buttonman

Google "Squatty Potty".

EEk! Why do all those models make number two with their trousers on?

Rately

Quote from: Buttonman on 18 January, 2020, 02:37:54 PM

Google "Squatty Potty".

:lol:

sheridan

Quote from: Buttonman on 18 January, 2020, 02:37:54 PM

Google "Squatty Potty".

There were a few wearing shorts.  And one dressed in a unicorn costume!

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++