Main Menu

Patrick Stewart back as Picard in new series

Started by Greg M., 05 August, 2018, 11:04:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wedgeski

They're gonna have killed off one or more Enterprise alumni, aren't they?

Anyway, I'm more excited for this than I was even for Discovery, and I have it on good authority that I was embarrassingly over-excited for that.

CalHab

I enjoyed the trailer. It doesn't reveal much, but left me curious.

I'll definitely be watching this.

Tiplodocus

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Professor Bear

The only failed evacuations Picard does in his advancing years are the ones in his pants when he tries to stand up.

Tiplodocus

Quote from: Professor Bear on 24 May, 2019, 11:35:53 PM
The only failed evacuations Picard does in his advancing years are the ones in his pants when he tries to stand up.

That's why he tugs his tunic down with 'the Picard manoeuvre'; to cover up any overspill.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

von Boom

I'm hoping for a return to form for Star Trek. Maybe this is the one.

Dandontdare

If he hasn't become a private eye, with Data's brain in the body of that dog, I for one will be sorely disappointed.

von Boom

TordelBack

It is the perfect solution to the time-ravaged Brent Spiner. But a regular talking dog (or just regular dog) would be fine too, as long as it's called No. 1 (which it will be). My guess is therapy dog.

The Legendary Shark

I hope the dog's a present from Lwaxana Troi and is called Mr Woof.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

Well feck. Just noticed No.1 has cropped ears. Hard to believe a dog-lover and welfare campaigner like Stewart would go along with a barbarism that he *must* know dopey Trekkies will emulate - and just as the tide was beginning to turn on that one.

I'll suspend judgenent pending an explanation, but if it's not a damned amazing one (that doesn't begin with "but in the 24th Century...") I'll be avoiding this entirely. <turns sharply on heel and flounces out>

Goaty