Main Menu

Does my Art look big in this?

Started by staticgirl, 10 February, 2010, 02:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

radiator

Cheers.
Would be cool to see some of my drawings animated, but the actual animation side of things has never appealed - I'm only really interested in still images.

mygrimmbrother

locustsofdeath!

That is an awesome Dredd - and Luna City, too. Not seen a lot.

Radiator you've got to give us a proper strip some day - the sample script you posted was great and I'd love to see more.

radiator

Thanks. I've coloured 3 and a half of those 6 sample pages now - I'll post the lot when they're done. I'm also doing something for the small press soon.... something with 7 robots in it... but that won't see the light of day for a loooong while yet.... I've been experimenting with ziptone-type effects so that will probably feature heavily.

Should say that the Luna Dredd is one of the first things I've done since I got over my fear of brush inking - nearly all of it was done with a brush which I'm very pleased about.

mogzilla

Quote from: radiator on 18 August, 2010, 10:05:25 PM
LUNA-DREDD!

thats brilliant! and my new wallpaper!!! ;) if i can convince the wife to get a commision done for my fortieth i'll be in touch, do you have a website or 'owt btw?

Cthulouis

Quote from: radiator on 18 August, 2010, 11:25:43 PM
I'm also doing something for the small press soon.... something with 7 robots in it...

Are they seven robots that like spreading the word?

Kev Levell

That Luna Dredd is the business Radiator. Very dynamic. Love it!

radiator

Quotemy new wallpaper!!

Let me know your email and I will send you a higher res version to use - the one uploaded here is a bit small.

Quoteif i can convince the wife to get a commision done for my fortieth i'll be in touch, do you have a website or 'owt btw?

Just this for now:
http://tomberryartist.deviantart.com/

Here's the various stages of the image if anyone is interested - it shows how much easier my life is now that I have a decent computer and an a3 scanner/printer!

I created enough BG to allow for different orientation - not sure which looks better...

Professor Bear

Dunk!

Love it, but Boy! that's a workflow.
"Trust we"

uncle fester

Lovely stuff, radiator, but a six-stage process before you even get to colouring? Damn...  :o

radiator

I don't think my work process is too unusual from what I've read and observed about other artists and it saves time in the long run.

If I was working on a big project like a strip I'd get into more of a flow and could lose a couple of the stages, but as I only get to draw occasionally the prepping cuts out a lot of the frustration of working and I don't need to spend hours wrestling with a drawing and waste time rubbing things out/redrawing things/tearing the whole thing up out of frustration.

I'll probably go all digital at some point anyway.

Zarjazzer

Whatever the method radiator it's working! Grand stuff indeed.  :)
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Leigh S

Radiator, that is insanely fun! REally like the flat coloured version for some reason!

BOO!

For some reason, I find Zombies hard to draw - this is as good as Ive got after a few, and even this is more worked up sketch than anything!

Any idea how to make it look like its caught in fiery torchlight without him disappearing into the darkness or looking jolly and yellow?  Cant quite get the lighting right.

radiator

QuoteAny idea how to make it look like its caught in fiery torchlight without him disappearing into the darkness or looking jolly and yellow?  Cant quite get the lighting right.

How about adding a yellowy glow to one side like this?