Main Menu

Does my Art look big in this?

Started by staticgirl, 10 February, 2010, 02:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mygrimmbrother

Great to see those Alex, you draw a mean Dredd (especially love your take on the visor). Like Crazyfox says, I do love the stuff you're doing these days but your lineart was frikkin' awesome too.

Tharg - take note grudammit - this man should ne drawing Dredd right now.

Steven Denton

Brilliant! Cpt Rhodes, CrazyFoxMachine and everyone else! I had lost my drawing Mojo for a while then I joined this board and suddenly I feel inspired again. Now where did I leave my drawing box!

Colin YNWA

Yeah I'd echo what CrazyFoxMachine said as much as I love Alex's recent work his pen and ink stuff just blows me away. That Marshal Law is just superb.

Emperor

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 09 November, 2010, 01:28:20 PM
Yeah I'd echo what CrazyFoxMachine said as much as I love Alex's recent work his pen and ink stuff just blows me away. That Marshal Law is just superb.

It is brilliant and I also loved his early work but let's flip this around again - just imagine what a fully-painted Marshal Law would look like... Mmmmmmm.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Cthulouis

Quote from: Cpt Rhodes on 09 November, 2010, 08:04:09 AM
I was rooting around at the weekend and found these copies of old school stuff from the 90's

When I first read this I thought "He was in school in the 90's? He was this good at such a young age?!?"

Then my brain dropped in to see what I was up to, and carefully explained why I was being a 'tard.   

Mitahane

Hey Cpt Rhodes (Alex?) those lines are so great ! Reminds me on Moebius !
This is just incredible to see the evolution of your works.
I think now I understand how your actual art looks so great without lines as you could draw so awesome stuffs in the past. You're really inspiring and I have to say one of the most talented arstist I ever saw ( and I work in a comic shop dude, I witness proper shit being published every week instead of having artists like you on the spotlights ! Come to think that at least we have some Langley/Mills good old Slaine anthology to save the lot ;°]anyway... )
So ! Cheers !!!

SIP

Cpt Rhodes - just awesome stuff sir. 

Not sure whether to feel inspired - or just hang up my pencil!

Keep 'em coming!

:o

Dave Hedmark

Cpt Rhodes- Awesome!!!

Here's a page from one of the comics I'm working on. I'm starting to apply some of the feathering techniques I've been learning.

Daveycandlish

An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Cpt Rhodes

Looks cool Dave.
You can't go wrong with dustercoats and long-guns. The drill on the last panel must have been a detailing nightmare.

Horses are not easy to get right, that one is spot on.

Danbo

@Captin and Dave....amazing stuff
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Gibson Quarter

Here's a cover for a book out soon...I LOVE the coloring job they did on this... Greg harms did the colors for me.

Cpt Rhodes

davethomson

It is a very nice cover indeed, Gibson. Shame about that double outer-glow title across it. My inner typographer just soiled himself.
Everything I know about life, I learnt from old school hip-hop. Don't sweat the technique!

Kerrin

Dave, that is bloody wonderful. Really clean lines and I'm getting an almost Frank Quitely vibe from it. Love to see your stuff in the prog.

Gibson, awesome as ever sir.