Main Menu

Does my Art look big in this?

Started by staticgirl, 10 February, 2010, 02:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Hedmark

Haha! Thanks guys. Yeah storytelling first. What a big difference a few small changes make.

NeilFord

Thansk for the kindness dudes!

@LARF: nice work man, how do you draw on an iPad, got a wee light-pen or something?

@Dave Hedmark: Think I like lefty better, the chap in BG looks like he's getting a right lamp with that wrench.

@Cpt Rhodes: WOW. Very cinematic, what kind of software/ techniques do you use? Love to hear about your processes a bit.

Cpt Rhodes

Neil, the 3D Art was all done in Lightwave. relatively lo poly models but with high res textures to compensate. It was all renderd with radiosity which creates the realistic lighting and shadows. A touch of volumetric fogging and grain was added too because nothing in reality looks as sharp as it can on a computer.

These shots were created for an animated cut scene which generally made things look better than the in game engines that were around at the time.

Unfortunately Lightwave seems to have faded as a modeling/render package. These days I work with Maya for modelling although I still prefer the lighting capabilities of Lightwave best.

LARF

Quote from: NeilFord on 17 November, 2010, 12:25:19 PM
Thansk for the kindness dudes!

@LARF: nice work man, how do you draw on an iPad, got a wee light-pen or something?

@Dave Hedmark: Think I like lefty better, the chap in BG looks like he's getting a right lamp with that wrench.

@Cpt Rhodes: WOW. Very cinematic, what kind of software/ techniques do you use? Love to hear about your processes a bit.

You use your fingers to draw, feels a bit weird at first but after a while it's quite intuitive and feels really natural.

LARF

Here's an update of the Walker I'm drawing from yesterday. I'll post up stages as they develop...

Zarjazzer

Yikes! That things all shades of awesome/arsom LARF. Is it for some project? :o
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

LARF

Nah, just a sketchbook thing to test out the new app.

Cpt Rhodes

I had a shot of the brushes package on ipad today. Found it very tricky to get anything good out of it. I take my hat off to you LARF, that's some serious detail your packing in there and from what I saw, only 6 layers to work with.

Are you going to colour it?

CrazyFoxMachine

Larf. I am astounded.

The product of my astoundment is this curious Hulk Hogan/Freddie Mercury figure THAT NEVER EXISTED - !

Kerrin

Speechless....But in a good way.

Cpt Rhodes

NeilFord

ha ha, Hogun looks weirdly cheerful & sinister at the same time. I would buy this figurine, but likely keep it locked in a box. :)

SIP

Howdy folks!

Good stuff all round - and Larf....crazy detail! And I thought I had detail-headaches with the second picture below!

Here are a couple of digital commissions that I have just completed of original characters for a couple of people on DeviantArt.

The first is okay (if a bit 'pink' for my tastes) - but I am really pleased with how the second one came out.

Cheers folks!

Simon

CrazyFoxMachine

Penter that second one is AMAAAAZING. Cheers for the comments everyone :D

Dave Hedmark

Fox haahaha you just made me spit my coffee through my nose. That's a great pic.
Simon I love that costume design.