Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

I'm also with TordelBack Block as well... but I'm sure his cross dimensional evil twin TordalBack would agree just the same.

IndigoPrime

Those who've had Strong 4/Bad Company, what kind of package did yours turn up in? I just got a huge box that my books were rattling around in, rather than the usual packaging.

^ Behold.

Tomwe

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 19 November, 2018, 10:43:21 AM
Those who've had Strong 4/Bad Company, what kind of package did yours turn up in? I just got a huge box that my books were rattling around in, rather than the usual packaging.
Not had this month's delivery yet but last month's was like this and the Transformers was too. Jacklin Service appear to have run out of sleeves.

Arkady

31 & 32 arrived today - in a big box. Irritating to see that some people are a month ahead of me - I'm jealous but can't be arsed to purchase my way ahead again.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Tomwe on 19 November, 2018, 11:22:29 AMNot had this month's delivery yet but last month's was like this and the Transformers was too. Jacklin Service appear to have run out of sleeves.
Great. They're going to end up replacing a shit-load of books, then.

TordelBack

That's incredible. No-one's heard of bubble wrap even? 

Mind you, I got a packet of the Warhammer Conquest partwork from Hachette the other week, which includes large and quite brittle kit sprues, and they were just squeezed 4-deep in an unpadded plastic baggy. It seems crazy that packing could be this bad - if you were YouTube seller your rating wouldn't last the week.

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: Arkady on 19 November, 2018, 11:47:26 AM
31 & 32 arrived today - in a big box. Irritating to see that some people are a month ahead of me - I'm jealous but can't be arsed to purchase my way ahead again.

I'm the same and had the same issues arrive today in the same big box. Both were fine.
I'm not bothered that I'm a month behind.

James Stacey

My box was thoroughly badgered and the tape on the front was split so it was almost open to the world. Fortunately the books rattling around inside seemed relatively unscathed

Colin YNWA

Quote from: TordelBack on 19 November, 2018, 12:03:21 PM
That's incredible. No-one's heard of bubble wrap even? 

Didn't you watch Doctor Who this week!

athorist

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 19 November, 2018, 11:53:55 AM
Quote from: Tomwe on 19 November, 2018, 11:22:29 AMNot had this month's delivery yet but last month's was like this and the Transformers was too. Jacklin Service appear to have run out of sleeves.
Great. They're going to end up replacing a shit-load of books, then.

My 31/32 came like that, but cos a neighbour took it in instead of them usually dropping it from my letterbox, if anything it was probably slightly better condition than usual. Other than the inside covers being swapped  :P
You need light here even in the morning
Compared to this St Petersburg was nothing

The Fall - No Bulbs

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

Sabreman64

Oh good grief! You'll never guess what the incompetent $@&£wits at Hachette have done now. I have received my replacement Nemesis figure today. But they've also sent me copies of issue 11 and 12 (which came with my original Nemesis figure). But not only that. They've charged me for the duplicate 11 and 12 (plus the premium of £1.50 per issue)! So I'm pretty pissed off about that - being charged £22.98 for duplicate issues they should never have sent me.

What do I do now? I suppose I'll have to return issues 11 and 12 to Hachette (at my own expense, of course - not happy about that), and then try to get them to refund me the £22.98. Advice please someone?

Dandontdare

I wouldn't return them until you've got your refund, and as it's their error they should pay postage (or more likely, scrub the charge but let you keep them)

moogie101

Yesterday issues 31/32 came in an oversized box.
Today issues 33/34 came in a sleeve.

Had asked via Facebook page if they could take an extra payment to bring me back in line with shop release dates

The Monarch

i assume stront 4 is the rest of vol 3 of the agency files not yet collected