Main Menu

Prog 1497 - The Unusual Suspects

Started by Buttonman, 16 July, 2006, 04:16:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thrillpowerseeker

Red Seas was the Standout feature no doubt..the Angel/Alien is an unexpected twist..no idea where this going at all but i'm along for the ride all the way..

Dark Jimbo

Against all the odds, I think Red Seas may just be the most unpredictable thrill of recent years. I defy anyone to tell you at the start of a story where it's going to end up - even the rather more straightforward zombie/pirate romp of the first one ended with a chatty, amiable devil at the End of the World. And it just keeps on getting more bonkers. Long may it continue, I say. I wasn't overly impressed when it first appeared, but it's since become one of my favourite strips. Works better in these double chunks, too.
@jamesfeistdraws

Carlsborg Expert

Red Seas has got a very Crom universe thing going for it.

Nasty Empress,

Weird doors to unexplainable other doors.

Its damn good. Everything involved has picked up in it.

Btw, I hadn't bought or looked inside the prog when I made that post on the cover. Just saw the cover on the net. It seems like the cover can give an overview of what is inside the whole rag after all.

Usually an easy guess when well depicted. The choice of artist and the cover concept screamed Cat Among The Pigeons.

Steve Green

Aren't the Ma'hars from At the Earth's Core?

"You can't mesmerise me, I'm British" etc.

- Steve

Bolt-01

From the B'log of D'Isreali:http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/7605/3142/400/Dredd-Cover-Full.jpg">

Bolt-01

Balls. It is the unlettered version of the cover.

A wonderful thing to behold in my opinion.

Bolt-01

Link: http://disraeli-demon.blogspot.com/" target="_blank">Clicky!

Buddy

That's a great cover. As a non reader I'll be sure to pick up a copy.

More please.

The Amstor Computer

Heh. Nice use of the logo to cover up one of the less newsagent-friendly weirdies...

Don't know what's coming over Tharg lately - first the alien with the vagina-tentacle, now the chap with a face on his bare arse. We?ve had Tharg the apefaced and Tharg the embarrassing dance fiend - can Tharg the alien superpervert be far off?

Mike Carroll

That cover doesn't work for me at all. I normally love D'Israeli's artwork, but that's got to be the silliest version yet of Dredd's helmet, and we've suffered a lot of silly versions over the years (I blame Mike McMahon for starting that particular off-putting trend).

Leigh S

Wasnt it Brendan McCarthy who really started the weird helmet stuff though? McMahons changed a bit down the years, but for true flaring, its Brendans all the way!

Proudhuff

Cover:
Silly silly helmet, what shape is Joes head under it? Nice chin though...

Nerve Centre:
Butt cheekes on display here and
Thrills of the future Yeeeeha!! Origins looks goood,

Damage report, the soap opera continues!

Dredd: Good story nice twists and turns and good art work andf humour, Dreed responses just right except no comment of that Judical facial hair.

Law at war ad, the title doesn't scan in a Jock accent, we pronounce our 'Rs'you know ;p

Kipling , slowly this is growing on me

Go machine, I thought this would be just another Future sport tosh  but it has some depth, keeping me hooked.

Red Cs: Loving it dispite the lengthy discourses and Basil Bits...

Input: Bile ducts, BO, and bloody stools, nice.

The big 1500, just weeks away!!!

Huff the humble

DDT did a job on me

Trout

This week, the best bit in the prog was The Red Seas.

I'm going to miss it when it's gone.

- Trout

wadew1

Liked every strip for the most part.

1.)Kipling: Looks like Neesha might be the star of this one. Plus the introduction of N.A.M.!
2.)Red Seas: Still weird, still good.
3.)Go Machine: I smell a robot revolution coming.
4.)Dredd: More exploding criminals.

Roger Godpleton

Cover: Looks really good in the shop (well, it would of done if it hadn't been lost in a sea of SFX et al.). Went to the top of the pile as least embarrasing-looking purchase in Smiths (Thanks Wire magazine!). Great Stuff.

Dredd: I was half expecting this to be a half-hearted anti modern art rant, but Spurrier once again shows me to be a fool for ever doubting him. Marshall is a really good choice as artist, as he carries off a tricky balancing act between the weirdness of the entrants and the macho image of the Law. Very Good Stuff.

Kipling: I'm really starting to get into this now, as it seems to have found its own particular niche, as opposed to the "My First Devlin" feel that pervaded some of the early episodes. Personally, I prefer the approach of having Space-Rose-Watson as the main character as Spur seems to be casting her here. Boo is Allupons. Very Good Stuff.

Go Machine: Insane. Very Good Stuff.

Red Seas: A classy strip. Great Stuff.

Stonking Prog.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Dudley