Main Menu

Rogue Trooper Redux

Started by hazy efc, 08 May, 2017, 10:51:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hazy efc

I see that Rebellion are to start work on a remastered version of 2006's Rogue Trooper a game that I myself think is fantastic so I'm super excited hearing this news, I'm also hearing that its coming out on PS4 Xbox One & Nintendo Switch with a release date yet to be revealed but with E3 next month maybe we'll find out a bit more about the game.

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

hazy efc

Keef Monkey

Link Prime

Damn- "* Switch TBC".

We'll have 'Super Mario Odyssey' on Oct 27th anyway, Rogue wouldn't have got a look in as soon as I started playing that.  :D

Professor Bear

Playing it now on PS4.  No trophy support?

Dr Feeley Good

Honestly no trophies? That's the main reason I got it again because there were no achievements first time around ! Very poor if not 😥

Professor Bear

False alarm - sort of.  A trophy or three have definitely popped, but I'm buggered if I can actually find the trophy list anywhere on the PS4.

Keef Monkey

Might be the trophies are handled on the PSN server-side, so that stuff will be properly activated at launch? Hope so, I am looking forward to trying aiming for all the achievements on this, just because it'll give me some new ways to play it and things to try.

Dr Feeley Good

Checked to see if it had downloaded ok before I went to work and I can confirm it does have achievements... ;)

Keef Monkey

Yay! Would be up for trying the multiplayer on this at some point if anyone is playing on XB1 (I'm Superbeasto on Xbox Live if anyone wants to add)!

shaolin_monkey

It most definitely has trophies - I have earned several already!  :D

Dammit, but I have no staying power.  I stayed up for online midnight launch and played it until 2am.  I played right up until [spoiler] all three biochip buddies were installed[/spoiler], and then decided to pick it back up later today.  I am a bit bleary eyed as we speak.

I'm going to get my one gripe out of the way right now.  I do not like the automatic pop-to cover.  I prefer to control when I go in and out of cover with a button press - it was far more fluid.

There, gripe done.  The rest is awesome!!  Definitely the same game, but a lovely upgrade in graphics!  It is a very welcome return to Nu Earth indeed.  Loving it!   :D

shaolin_monkey

PS - I've been humming the theme tune all morning!   :D

Keef Monkey

Oh yeah, I forget how great that theme is! Now I want to install it immediately.

gurnard

Downloaded Rogue Trooper on my sons Switch last night.

Love it. It is the first time I have played on the Switch so still need to get acquainted with the controller but the game is great. I remember the story and the actions from the PS2 version.

Still really like the way you can aim grenades and mines and the sniping is sweet.
Agree that the auto hide behind feature gets a bit sticky at times to get out of and would prefer a button for this.