Main Menu

Ebay watch.

Started by maryanddavid, 14 May, 2012, 12:21:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CalHab

There were some Brigand Doom pages up on eBay a few months ago. They were apparently coloured in by Dave D'Antiquis' niece or nephew, if I remember right, which was a bit of a shame. Although they probably had great fun.

hippynumber1

Link Prime

Quote from: CalHab on 04 October, 2017, 02:24:01 PM
They were apparently coloured in by Dave D'Antiquis' niece or nephew, if I remember right, which was a bit of a shame.

D'Bejaysus.

hippynumber1

They were coloured-in by his little sister. There was one page in that eBay lot that was watercolour, which he did himself, for one of the Specials. The 'Silo' cover prelim was also coloured by him.

Geoff

There's a great Ezquerra Dredd page from the early 80s on Ebay at the moment. I'm sorely tempted but just can't at the moment....It won't go cheap but it really is a corker!

Tjm86

Aye.  Looks like its from 'Requiem for a Heavyweight' to me.  Part 4.  An early Dredd Ezquerra, I'd be surprised if it went for less then £600.

Geoff

Yep think you're right it's a great stand alone page, nice Dredd figure some Ezquerra architecture and all those judges moving in. Must resist...

Tjm86

Hmmm.  Just stumbled across this little item. It rang a few bells because I remember Eammonn having listed a pair of Edington / Disraeli signed progs but I already had one of them so let it pass.  Am I being a little suspicious here about the seeming coincidence and the ethics of possibly profiting from a charity sale?

... and don't get me started on the guy trying to sell an alleged space spinner from prog 1.  The fact that it is red and round is about the only thing going for it!

CalHab

Quote from: Tjm86 on 11 October, 2017, 07:13:43 PM
Aye.  Looks like its from 'Requiem for a Heavyweight' to me.  Part 4.  An early Dredd Ezquerra, I'd be surprised if it went for less then £600.
£942

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Tjm86 on 22 October, 2017, 07:12:37 PM
Hmmm.  Just stumbled across this little item. It rang a few bells because I remember Eammonn having listed a pair of Edington / Disraeli signed progs but I already had one of them so let it pass.  Am I being a little suspicious here about the seeming coincidence and the ethics of possibly profiting from a charity sale?

... and don't get me started on the guy trying to sell an alleged space spinner from prog 1.  The fact that it is red and round is about the only thing going for it!

Be interesting though if they even get close to the price they are seeking? I'd be surprised if they get a bid at that price?

Tjm86

Sorry, the spinner or the signed progs?  Former; aye, I'd be surprised.  It's been there for a while.  The progs?  Fairly close to the average price although there are some crazy prices being asked.  A copy of the first Dredd annual signed by all contributors?  Asking price of £800.  Granted the signatories include Ron Smith but I doubt very much it will get even close.  Aja variant 40th Anniversary special signed just by Wagner; £40?  Been there for a while.  There's another tooth signed annual that started at £200 and is slowly working down, currently at £75.

Scalpers seem to have woken to the value of signed editions but then taken it to daft levels.  At least Eamonn starts with a very reasonable amount and lets the market take it where it needs.  The fact that it's for charity may be a factor though.

Colin YNWA

Sorry yeah the signed Progs. Though it might be a case of ... and I'm never going to spell this right... hold on... schadenfreude

Tjm86

Eamonn Clarke

Quote from: Tjm86 on 22 October, 2017, 07:12:37 PM

Yeah, that is the guy who bought the pair of signed Edginton/D'Israeli progs from me for a fiver and is now trying to flip them for £8 each.
Nothing I can do about it but agree the ethics are dubious.
:(

Eamonn Clarke

Actually I have worked out what I can do. I can add him to the blocked buyer list so he can't bid on my future auctions.