Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sintec

So much lovely data :)

With those Dredd lists I should be able to answer the question "what % of Dredd have we seen reprinted in the collections?".

Magnetica

Quote from: paulbyrnewex on 15 July, 2019, 09:52:04 PM
Apologies I should have posted the wiki link for anyone that may be interested. The PDF is available to download from here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_2000_AD_stories

Whilst I applaud who ever had taken the time to put this together, as it is certainly a great resource, I can't help but spot a mistake on the first page - the first series of ABC Warriors from Prog 119 to Prog 139 is not listed.

Richard

Magnetica

Oh yeah so it is..the way it is laid out makes that hard to spot.

abelardsnazz

Bad Company volume 2 collects:

The Krool Heart
Young Men Marching
Simply
Kano
Down Among the Dead Men
Saving Private Franks

Max Headroom

Where does the story 'Saving Private Franks' come from (?) - I can't see it on Barney??

sintec

Quote from: Max Headroom on 17 July, 2019, 02:09:15 PM
Where does the story 'Saving Private Franks' come from (?) - I can't see it on Barney??

Saving Private Franks (2000 AD Progs 2002[notes 11] & 1273-1277)
According to the Ultimate Collection wiki https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000_AD:_The_Ultimate_Collection

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Max Headroom on 17 July, 2019, 02:09:15 PM

Usually called (much less poetically) 'Bad Company 2002'.
@jamesfeistdraws

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Quick question for subscribers- the wallet that served as a gift, is it in any way decent? I'm after a wallet to replace my Marvel one that's a bit knackered and would prefer a 2000ad branded one. None on the website, etc, but there's a subs gift one on ebay. Most importantly, does it have a *ZIPPED* COIN POCKET?
Thanks in advance.
SBT

sintec

Quote from: SmallBlueThing(Reborn) on 17 July, 2019, 04:30:14 PM
Quick question for subscribers- the wallet that served as a gift, is it in any way decent? I'm after a wallet to replace my Marvel one that's a bit knackered and would prefer a 2000ad branded one. None on the website, etc, but there's a subs gift one on ebay. Most importantly, does it have a *ZIPPED* COIN POCKET?
Thanks in advance.
SBT

My opinion; this was the lamest of the free gifts sent to subscribers and is probably not worth paying the postage price for.  I honestly can't recall if it had a zipped coin pocket or not but given the no expense production values I doubt it.

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Thanks- I feared as much. Oh well, plan (b).

SBT

Tomwe

Not entirely on-thread, but Hachette's Transformers series has been extended to 100 issues. I only mention it as it bodes well for an extension to this one too.

moly

If they extend this to 100 hope they include red seas

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Tomwe on 18 July, 2019, 06:55:27 PMNot entirely on-thread, but Hachette's Transformers series has been extended to 100 issues.
Good, on the basis that the existing length was absurd. It was supposed to cover from the original Marvel books through to the end of the IDW run (pre-reboot), but there weren't enough pages. Mind you, the repro was absolute dogshit on the Marvel US stuff, sadly.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: moly on 18 July, 2019, 07:11:18 PM
If they extend this to 100 hope they include red seas

I doubt it will happen but I'd adore a complete hardcover Red Seas collection, in the way we're getting  a Dante one.