Main Menu

I found this and about 20 others in our garage

Started by mishs, 25 April, 2004, 05:16:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mishs

I found a copy of 2000AD programme 4, and about 20 others in our garage, my husband bought them when he was a kid. Are they worth anything or should I just throw them out?

cheers
Michelle

Trout

Hello Michelle.

If you're not winding us up, you should follow these instructions:

PUT THE PROGS DOWN AND BACK AWAY SLOWLY!

DO NOT PUT THE PROGS IN THE BIN!

THEY ARE NOT YOURS AND YOU SHOULD LEAVE THEM THE HELL ALONE!

Yes, they probably are worth something.

You just brought back al our memories of heartless female relatives and their "tidying-up."

Brrrr.

- Trout

mishs

My husband wanted to just leave them there in the back, I'm trying to clear the junk out. Now the mice have already eaten a couple of centimetres of the programme 3. I don't see why we should leave them for the mice to eat.

Trout

You put them in sealed poly bags, backed with acid-free boards, and store them safely.

Then you wait many years and sell them for a fortune.

If he wants to sell them, fine.

It's just that your post looked a bit scary to begin with.

- Trout

Max Kon

aiiee I have trained my mum but soon i will have to train women! man that will be hard

Trout

Fear works.

My wife is quite aware that if she even suggests a clear-out, then it's divorce lawyer time.

- Trout

Max Kon

James

Don't listen to the fish or the dodgy robot.

They're not worth anything. In fact send 'em to me and i'll happily dispose of 'em.

Honest guv'nor.

Queen Firey-Bou

did you know i used to breed pet mice? i had 37 . i also wrote a prize winning project in primary 7 on rodents of the world...

but in this case, get very strong poison, 3 cats, a hungry wolf & nuke the little suckers.

then send all the progs to me.

mishs

I have generally found that people who have to sign themselves as honest aren't :)

mishs

So seriously, if I did want to sell them, which I do, how would I go about it. I live in New Zealand, should I just take them to the local comic shop?

Queen Firey-Bou

Devons Daddy

EBAY
best bet. cheap and easy.
would help to be honest about conditoin and a picture if you are able.
prog 4 will go for anything between 8- 25 sterling depends on condition.

progs 5-20 from 5-20 sterling each.you may get a good price if you list them seperatly. you will get a lot more bidders. people who want to fill there sets. or just dont have the cash needed for a decent bundle.

best advice you can get is go to ebay.
follow the link here for some idea of what should be in yrou listing in terms of details.

if you do list. let us know.

Link: http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?cgiurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Fws%2F&krd=1&from=R8&MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&ht=1&SortProperty=MetaEndSort&query=2000ad" target="_blank">the board shops here.

I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

judge dreddd

Max Kon