Main Menu

Christmas presents for the "children"

Started by The Enigmatic Dr X, 25 November, 2018, 07:47:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Enigmatic Dr X

Just bought my eldest the 4K remaster of They Live for his Christmas.

Anyone else getting interesting stuff for their self kids?

(To be fair, he's watched The Thing, the Alien movies (not Prometheus or Covenant; I love the little guy) and Die Hard, and asked if there are any cool 80s films that have a "Arnie or someone else shooting up aliens")
Lock up your spoons!

pauljholden

Has he watched Die Hard? It's pretty great...

rogue69

How about the Donald Southerland/ Lenard Nimoy version of Invasion of the Body Snatchers

Dandontdare

According to some YouTube morons commentators They Live is Trumpian anti-globalist parable - the sunglasses allow a kick-ass man of the people to see through the lies of the liberal mainstream media and identify the real architects of the ZOG, leading a fightback to expose and destroy the enemies of the people. MAGA!

It's still got the best fist fight ever though

Mardroid

A couple of the best lines too.

"[spoiler]I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum.[/spoiler]"

Then there's the 'life's a female dog' line... to paraphrase... Very politically incorrect but I confess it made me chuckle (and wince a bit).

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

sheridan

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 25 November, 2018, 07:47:21 PM
Just bought my eldest the 4K remaster of They Live for his Christmas.

Anyone else getting interesting stuff for their self kids?

(To be fair, he's watched The Thing, the Alien movies (not Prometheus or Covenant; I love the little guy) and Die Hard, and asked if there are any cool 80s films that have a "Arnie or someone else shooting up aliens")

Critters?  If they like They Live then they'll be on board with dodgy eighties fashion...

shaolin_monkey

Robocop!

Starship Troopers!

Terminator (just the first one)!

radiator

I was a bit surprised/heartened recently when I was talking to my teenage nephew to find that he's really into 80s films like The Terminator, Back to the Future etc.

I sure as shit wouldn't have given a 30 year old film the time of day when I was that age.

JamesC

Dunno, it was pretty common in my group for kids to enjoy old Harryhausen films, 50s b-movies/sci fi and the odd western.

Dandontdare

Hah, I was just composing a similar reply and casting my mind back, I also came up with Jason & the Argonauts and 50s sci-fi, but my third option was war movies rather than westerns, not to mention those big 'swords & sandals' epics. I also loved stuff from the 30s - Laurel & Hardy, Universal horror etc.

The Enigmatic Dr X

What kind of monster do you think I am?

Of course he's seen Die Hard. All of them. Well, not the last one.

And of course he's seen Terminator. All of them. Well, not the last one.

Like Alien, where he's not seen the last two.
Lock up your spoons!

TordelBack

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 07 December, 2018, 10:19:31 PM
What kind of monster do you think I am?

Of course he's seen Die Hard. All of them. Well, not the last one.

And of course he's seen Terminator. All of them. Well, not the last one.

Like Alien, where he's not seen the last two.

Hah, same here! Although I drew the line at Terminator: Salvation and all Predator-related films after 2. Let him retain his innocence for a little longer.