You may quote me on that.

TordelBack

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: paddykafka on 21 December, 2019, 12:51:53 PM
Hilarious!

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/martyn-turner-1.4121782

I love Martyn Turner; one of the best political cartoonists I've seen, home-grown or otherwise.

Nice to see some evangelicals crowbarring their nose out of Trump's privy parts for once:

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/12/trump-slams-evangelical-magazine-called-removal-191220141854170.html
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Professor Bear

I don't imagine the believers in the evangelical movement were too impressed by the growing belief that "Christians are worshiping Trump".

JayzusB.Christ

I know we've all become inured to the madness by now, but it's just hit me how absolutely pathetic Orange Clown's response was to Greta Thunberg getting the Time Person of the Year award.

Imagine, if you'll forgive an oft-repeated cliché these days, this happening five years ago: The US President consumed with jealousy and spite because a 16-year-old girl is getting more attention than him.  Thankfully she'll be alive long after he's dead.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

sheridan

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 31 December, 2019, 05:04:39 PM
The US President consumed with jealousy and spite because a 16-year-old girl is getting more attention than him.  Thankfully she'll be alive long after he's dead.

Considering his current age, general physique and idea of 'good eating' (remember the time he gave a variety of hamburgers to a visiting sports team?) I'd imagine he'll pop his clogs sooner rather than later.  There's only so much that expensive private medicine can do if the lifestyle doesn't support good health...

TordelBack

In my unhappy anecdotal experience the more bitter and selfish a person is the longer they live. If you can call it living.

JayzusB.Christ

He's the Sabbat Head, essentially. With less charm and wit.

Tjm86

... and in more inspiring news, the revelation that the Americans have decided to murder a senior Iranian military figure in Iraq.  More and more each day this person is growing to resemble a figure from Dredd history ...  [oh sh**, we're monumentally f***ed emoticon]

TordelBack

I always find the US 'served him right, world is a safer place' reaction to these targeted murders fascinating. I can't help but imagine what would unfold if Iran assassinated someone like Shanahan, Petraeus or McConville while they were 'mission accomplished'-ing some oil-rich desert somewhere.

Rately

Quote from: Tjm86 on 03 January, 2020, 09:52:05 AM
... and in more inspiring news, the revelation that the Americans have decided to murder a senior Iranian military figure in Iraq.  More and more each day this person is growing to resemble a figure from Dredd history ...  [oh sh**, we're monumentally f***ed emoticon]

Literally terrifying.

That he was voted in was horrible enough, but the fact he is somehow still in power, and facilitated by that reprehensible shower of cowards makes my blood boil.

TordelBack

Relax, there's still 5 more years of this to go.