Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rately

Quote from: TordelBack on 03 January, 2020, 10:21:46 AM
Relax, there's still 5 more years of this to go.

We can do it!

Wonder how closely US Justice will reflect Dredd's World by the time the oul wank nostril pops his clogs, preferably on the toilet, after a rage shite!

The Legendary Shark

Trump is nothing new in the assassination stakes. President Messiah Obama ordered assassinations by the shedload, even of US citizens. He had a hit-list.

In 1999 a civil trial concluded that the US government was involved with the assassination of Martin Luther King. It's not clear whether President L. B. Johnson ordered it or not but the implications of either possibility are chilling.

More.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Tjm86

That's a fair point.  It's worth considering the 'greatest' American president of the post war years, Kennedy, was responsible for a number of covert attempts on leaders and high profile figures around the world.  Plus, bringing the world the closest it may well have been to nuclear annihilation up until Reagan's time ...

Proudhuff

Drones don't have 'plausible deniability ', this act can't be compartmentalised, so it could a Frank Ferdinand moment....
DDT did a job on me

Funt Solo

Typical US double-think going on as they assassinate an Iranian enemy and then insist that the Iranians "started it".  US government == playground bullies, but the playground is the Earth.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Professor Bear

Weird to be on the Iranians' side.  It's like all the Chuck Norris movies were a lie.

The Legendary Shark

According to the US backed Iraqi Prime Minister Abdul-Mahdi, he was planning to meet Soleimani on the morning he was killed to discuss a diplomatic reconciliation that Iraq was brokering between Iran and Saudi Arabia.

Mahdi claimed that Trump personally thanked him for the peace efforts (even as he was planning Soleimani's assassination) thus giving the impression that the Iranian general was safe to travel to Baghdad, where he was killed.

Apparently, Trump promised on Twitter to bomb Iranian cultural sites if Iran retaliated - then changed his mind when told that this would be a war crime.

I don't think Trump knows what's going on and is being manipulated by the hawks who 'work for him.'

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Funt Solo

The news report I saw mentioned that Trump's military staff were surprised that he chose that option when it was presented.

It's a bit disturbing that from Trump's perspective he's just playing a Choose Your Own Adventure.  If you wish to assassinate one of the leader's of a nation state, turn to entry #57. If you wish to have a burger instead, turn to entry #39.

#39: You die of heart disease.

#57: Everyone dies in World War III.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

blackmocco

Quote from: Funt Solo on 08 January, 2020, 10:33:14 PM
The news report I saw mentioned that Trump's military staff were surprised that he chose that option when it was presented.

It's a bit disturbing that from Trump's perspective he's just playing a Choose Your Own Adventure.  If you wish to assassinate one of the leader's of a nation state, turn to entry #57. If you wish to have a burger instead, turn to entry #39.

They can't have been that surprised - they still presented it as an option and let's face it, when has this imbecile ever taken the least extreme choice?
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

Tiplodocus

Yes, blackly funny as it might be, I don't think "We never thought he'd pick it" is a defence here.

Probably more "We've been secretly hoping for years that a President might pick it and this is our best shot. Diplomats? Fuck those guys!"
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Funt Solo on 08 January, 2020, 10:33:14 PM

Clearly not a graphic designer among them — that whole 'present them with the option you want them to chose and two shit ones to make it look like they have a choice' thing never works.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Rately

Remember reading in the early days of his Presidency that they were presenting his briefings with lots of pictures, and sound bites, as they knew he couldn't take in large amounts of information and was easily bored.

The Legendary Shark

Trump must be a joy to work with for the deep state - easy to manipulate into doing what they want and even easier to blame because he's already so goofy.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

paddykafka

Another gem from one of the Emerald Isle's finest cartoonists. Just listening to some of the utter fuck-wits who have been in Government here, and their brain-dead, morally bereft cheer-leaders - who, alas, comprise the majority of the Irish electorate - makes me wonder why I even bother voting anymore. At this stage I think I just do so out of spite, lol.

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/martyn-turner-1.4150336

edgeworthy

Did everyone hear about The Great Orange One claiming that America invented the wheel :lol:
https://www.rawstory.com/2020/01/trump-makes-bizarre-statement-about-protecting-the-inventor-of-the-wheel-in-rambling-interview/
Are you telling me he isn't completely senile!?