Main Menu

Brighton Comic Expo 19th - 20th November

Started by skull.ring, 14 November, 2005, 05:34:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Byron Virgo

"well despite the rather frenzied attack by thrill suckers this week, i AM heading off to brighton in a bit."

Yay!

I'd best be off myself in a little while.

"at least i can jump off the pier which will be a pleasant change from jumping off the mountain cliffs."

Wasn't there some kind of tradition about jumping off the end of Brighton pier?

Queen Firey-Bou

i wouldnt do any gung ho dare type things around me, especially if ive had a half pint, i laugh in the face of danger & stupid OTT stunts, and a swim in the filthy polluted scum seas of engerlandshire is the last thing my stomach needs.

very sickly Bou.

p.s who of you makes a good nurse? please pack xtra sick bags.

Byron Virgo

I wouldn't jump off a pier if I were you - very dangerous drags as a result of the water crashing around the actual wooden supports.

As for being sick, I'd hang around Molcher, as he's a sickly child once again, and one can only assume that he's beginning to acquire a taste for it...

Mangamax

Ummm, anyone know what time it opens on Sunday?
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

Bolt-01

Will Cooling: First customer of the weekend.

Bolt-01

WoD

It was a good weekend...even if I'll never be able to look at a Flash comic ever again - thanks Mr Ewing!

Bolt-01

Or Green Lantern, or batman for that matter.

Bolt-01

WoD

'luckily' I missed the BatMan, but unluckliy my now warped brain can sketch a suitable image all on it's own...

Grant Goggans

Did Rebellion have a good presence at the con?

--Grant

longmanshort

If by 'good' you actually mean 'none', then yes, they had an excellent presence ...
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

WoD

none at all...was commented on by a lot of people and not people from this board...it was a shame though...

Grant Goggans

Jonathan O

AHEM!
I beleive I was there unless I'd slipped into an alternate dimension.
Also, our distributor Turnaround had a huge stack of GNs and some great promotional posters.
I dunno, you guys must have spent all your time in the badly lit Pavillion Cafe or ogling the Dalek.

I thank you.

Mangamax

Rebellions no-show.
One of the companys Dez Skinn said couldn't afford to come down?...
Was kind of suprised to see the only big time company was Marvel UK/Panini.
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

longmanshort

Well, you didn't come and say hello, so how do we know if you're there?!

The selection of GNs was very nice indeed but, to be fair, if there's not a stand that says 'Rebellion' or '2000AD' then as far as expo-goers are concerned, you didn't have a 'presence'.

Before you dismiss us on this, please bear in mind this isn't 'those pesky messageboarders' mumbling and complaining as usual, this is what non-mesgboard expo-goers and various pros were openly saying to us, unprompted and with increasing volume. So, I'm sorry Jon, you may well have been there but if people can't see a Rebellion or 2000AD stand then that creates the impression that you weren't.

I don't want to end up getting berrated in the Damage Report or branded as an ungrateful troublemaker for this, but I'm afraid as far as the majority of people attending Brighton were concerned - 2000AD weren't there.
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++