Main Menu

RESULTS - The Dredd (I am the Law) Mega Top 15 Tournament

Started by broodblik, 17 August, 2020, 04:23:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link Prime

Quote from: Greg M. on 18 August, 2020, 02:45:43 PM
Quote from: Richard on 18 August, 2020, 02:37:51 PM
I liked the Dark Judges bit, because it upped the ante -- they were already in a huge crisis, and now this too?!
I agree - it was one of the few remaining valid uses of the DJs. I also think they benefited from Death's absence - it was interesting to have the spotlight on the other three without their leader.

The introduction of the Dark Judges to the story-line certainly raised the already astronomical stakes, but personally I think their presence was under utilized in this particular instance.

Dandontdare

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 18 August, 2020, 01:29:43 PM
Mandroid seems under-appreciated.

I, on the other hand, can't see why people rave about it so much. It's good, but it felt a bit generic scifi, and not very Dreddish if that makes sense. That said, I haven't read it since it was published.

broodblik

Mandroid was one off my favorites but in many senses it is not a true Dredd story same as America.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Greg M.

Quote from: Dandontdare on 18 August, 2020, 03:46:08 PM
Quote from: IndigoPrime on 18 August, 2020, 01:29:43 PM
Mandroid seems under-appreciated.

I, on the other hand, can't see why people rave about it so much. It's good, but it felt a bit generic scifi, and not very Dreddish if that makes sense.
Yeah - it's a bit... dull, to be honest. It ran during my prog-gap, so I got the TPB after seeing it praised so frequently. Again, well-written, but not a favourite.

Richard

I think Mandroid was a perfect story. Not every Dredd has to be about the end of the world, this one was a slow-burn police procedural about the murder of a child by gangsters, and his father's revenge. It's a joy to read.