Favourite Art Droid CURRENT - POOL 2 Qualifying

Started by Colin YNWA, 20 October, 2020, 06:28:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy B

Link Prime

ming

sintec

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Huey2

Colin YNWA

Well one droid is not surprisingly a clear qualifier here and I think I can spot the second but please get your votes in as this was an incredibly tough pool and all these artists deserve as much love as possible. Closing tomorrow mor ning first thing.

I, Cosh

Mike Dowling brought a really beautiful sensibility to the last Anderson story that mattered and he continues to give an unwarranted veneer of respectability to latter day Waugh.

Chris Weston in as well for services rendered to Thrillpower.
We never really die.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED but please chat away about Chris Weston plus one.

I'll hold my hand up now. While I love Chris Weston's art he wouldn't have got my vote here as there's a couple of artists I like more and Michael Dowling who did well would have been one. As it is I'm in a very small minority and Chris Weston, not surprisingly stormed this.

Second place however was a tie as Jake Lynch and David Kendall tied. I predicted David Kendall's lush, grim art would get him through. However there's a reason Jake Lynch has developed into the man who replaces Henry Flint and his art is so much more. Gritty and determined, yet his cover lush and atmospheric. He is so versatile and so the qualifiers here are:

Chris Weston

Jake Lynch