Main Menu

Strontium Dog costume

Started by House of Usher, 02 March, 2011, 08:31:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

House of Usher

After trailing this for a few days I've finally got some photographic evidence beyond what Matt Timson took at the Cardiff International Comics Expo.

These aren't necessary the best pictures I've got, but they are the best composed. All of the others need cropping to put the subject in the centre and cut out extraneous shadow, etc. I need to make a few alterations, like attaching the gun holster some inches higher up and sewing on some yellow detailing, and I'll probably want some gloves eventually.

1)

STRIKE !!!

House of Usher

STRIKE !!!

House of Usher

STRIKE !!!

House of Usher

STRIKE !!!

House of Usher

STRIKE !!!

TordelBack

Must I mention Octobriana again?  Don't make me beg, 'cos I warn you, I will.

That's really great work HoU.  Having made four costumes in the past 12 months for my eldest kid (Jedi, Captain Rex, Surgeon, Jellyfish) I can only shudder when I imagine how long that must have taken.  Love the sporran!   ;)

House of Usher

STRIKE !!!

I, Cosh

WTF?! That helmet is far too wide...(cont. p204 of the "first Dredd pic" thread)

Nah. That's quality workmanship. Thoughtful of Carlos to make it so you can just wear a normal top as the base too.
We never really die.

House of Usher

Quote from: TordelBack on 02 March, 2011, 08:38:54 PM
Must I mention Octobriana again?  Don't make me beg, 'cos I warn you, I will.

That's really great work HoU.  Having made four costumes in the past 12 months for my eldest kid (Jedi, Captain Rex, Surgeon, Jellyfish) I can only shudder when I imagine how long that must have taken.  Love the sporran!   ;)

Thanks. It was a ton of work. Two of us sewing, holding the needle with pliers in order to get a strong enough grip! You'll have wait for Octobriana, I'm afraid. She's not wearing the costume again until Friday, and I won't have time for any internet jiggery-pokery until after the weekend. Sporran?? Tee-hee.
STRIKE !!!

SmallBlueThing

That's excellent, really magic. Though as I pointed out in the other place, it's not a sporran it's an over-exaggerated cock-bag, designed to subliminally make us worship him. It won't work.

I'm impressed with your scratch costuming though! Whenever I try to make anything like that, I end up with corn flakes boxes and silver foil (just wait til you see my Ro-Jaws).

SBT

Mardroid

While I agree it could use more yellow (but I understand it's a work in progress) that's really good.

Those contact lenses are creepy and effective...

And that's a big chunky gun! Is that the Termight replica?

House of Usher

The gun, badge and helmet are all by Termight Replicas.
STRIKE !!!

locustsofdeath!

That's arsom! The boots especially... :D

Alski

"Cool Stuff You Will Like"

Music, Comics, Books, Video Games, TV and Film reviews/articles.

http://cool-stuff-you-will-like.blogspot.co.uk/

Noisybast

Excellent work, mutie scum!

Mind if I repost these on strontiumdog.com to liven up a slow news year?
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!