Main Menu

Marvel Superheroes hit Netflix

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 28 May, 2014, 04:47:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

They've just put up a 15 second clip of Elektra finishing off some thugs on the top of a building.

amines2058

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 24 February, 2016, 05:59:16 PM
They've just put up a 15 second clip of Elektra finishing off some thugs on the top of a building.

fnarr...fnarr snigger!! nudge nudge wink wink say no more!!

Goaty

Goaty

COMMANDO FORCES

The second trailer is online now and it's looking good.

Goaty

JOE SOAP

Link Prime

Looks great.
I'm one of the few left on Earth without a Netflix account, so it will be a while before I catch up with this.
I've been looking around for a Blu-ray of the 1st season too, nowhere to be found yet.

Goaty

Quote from: Link Prime on 09 March, 2016, 09:38:14 AM
Looks great.
I'm one of the few left on Earth without a Netflix account, so it will be a while before I catch up with this.
I've been looking around for a Blu-ray of the 1st season too, nowhere to be found yet.

Season 1 will be out on Blu-Ray in June this year.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Link Prime on 09 March, 2016, 09:38:14 AMI'm one of the few left on Earth without a Netflix account
Any reason for this? If it's not kit/bandwidth-related, you can always try the free trial and watch that way.

Satanist

Please, please be the good version of Punisher I've always imagined.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Link Prime

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 09 March, 2016, 10:27:40 AM
Quote from: Link Prime on 09 March, 2016, 09:38:14 AMI'm one of the few left on Earth without a Netflix account
Any reason for this? If it's not kit/bandwidth-related, you can always try the free trial and watch that way.

That's the main reason IP. I'm currently tied into a contract with Three.ie (15GB allowance per month for €25).
It would be possible to use Netflix, but I'd soon reach my limit. The contract is up in July, and I'm planning to switch to an unlimited package with Sky.

However, even without the broadband limitation I don't know if I'd be inclined to give up purchasing  the discs. I have, for want of a better description, a severe case of 'collector mentality' (I'm sure it is a common illness with our fellow boarders).
I really like having a full wall in my living room filled with DVD's / BD's, and consistently add discs to the collection (although I'm definitely more selective than I used to be).
There is also the appeal of 'owning' a copy of the movie / box-set, and one that I can lend to friends or family if I so wish.

PS- Cheers for the heads up on the season 1 Blu-ray Goaty, I'll keep an eye out for it in the summer.

IndigoPrime

Given the transient (and frequently DRM-encrusted) nature of digital content, I don't think there's anything odd in wanting ownership of an object, especially if you're likely to want to rewatch something at a time of your choosing. We do the same here, although most of our viewing is now through streaming. (It turns out there's not a great deal we actually want to rewatch! Too many good shows; not enough hours, especially with a miniature human stomping about the place.)

Link Prime

COMMANDO FORCES

Same here! Every so often, we look through the V+ box, or whatever it's called and cull stuff we have decided not to bother with any more!
It's the sign of the times, as the Belle Stars once said!