Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spikes

Quote from: Link Prime on 06 March, 2013, 11:44:56 AM
In other 'I'll be living off rice for the next two weeks' news, I've just secured the purchase of one of my favourite 2000AD pages of all time; the 4th page of Cams 'VCs' from Prog 163 (the heart freezing moment where the Earthworm considers betraying Ringer and leaving him to the Geek's mercy!)  :)
Will post a pic as soon as it arrives!

Nice one, Rich. Glad you snagged summat from Cam, especially as its a page that means a big deal to you.
And yes, looking forward to seeing this, as well. The VC's featured some pretty darn brilliant art from Cam.

Link Prime

Cheers Ming & Iain, was indeed very nice to tick 'Kenny Who' off the all-star-wishlist with one of my favourite pages he ever produced.
Echoed by one and all- Cams more of a diamond geezer than a 24 carat covered Ray Winstone.

Now to set my sights on the next target: a Bryan Talbot page featuring Nemesis & The ABC Warriors.
The hunt begins...

Skullmo

Quote from: Link Prime on 06 March, 2013, 09:38:29 PM
Cheers Ming & Iain, was indeed very nice to tick 'Kenny Who' off the all-star-wishlist with one of my favourite pages he ever produced.
Echoed by one and all- Cams more of a diamond geezer than a 24 carat covered Ray Winstone.

Now to set my sights on the next target: a Bryan Talbot page featuring Nemesis & The ABC Warriors.
The hunt begins...

I know that Dale has one of these too :D
It's a joke. I was joking.

Skullmo

I know you art buffs will also want to see the Master's prelim of that Dredd picture I got :-)

Fatboydale

coming soon a classic cover , can you guess which one ?? this should be easy ...

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Fatboydale on 08 March, 2013, 12:44:07 AM
coming soon a classic cover , can you guess which one ?? this should be easy ...

Too easy...

Fatboydale

Way too much time on your hands .... well done , i should have it much harder like the image below ...

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 08 March, 2013, 01:06:36 AM

Too easy...

Mikey

To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

ming

You forget what a sharp-eyed bunch we are around here, Dale!

Anyway, that's lovely!  I remember buying that Sci-Fi special very well...  Will be great to see that in B&W so please post up pics when you can.

Dunk!

Wow, a Gibson cover I've never seen before.

Nice catch, Dale.
"Trust we"

Fatboydale

Quote from: ming on 08 March, 2013, 10:08:33 AM

You forget what a sharp-eyed bunch we are around here, Dale!

Anyway, that's lovely!  I remember buying that Sci-Fi special very well...  Will be great to see that in B&W so please post up pics when you can.

Not b/w ,fully painted ( well marker pens ect )  which makes it rare ...it does have a slight issue .... i will show it off when it comes ...

Spikes

Very lovely cover Dale, and those early 2000ad specials were great wasnt they.
Looking forward to see the pics when it lands.

So is this the Grail youve been waiting on, or........

And nice to see that prelim, Skullmo - good stuff.
Did he include that with the finished piece?
(Got a couple of Apocalypse War cover prelims by Carlos, myself)

Skullmo

Carlos Ezquerra has let me know that if anyone would like a commission then he is happy to see if he can accommodate them between his deadline work.

As I am sure you well know Carlos has been responsible for creating some of the most memorable characters in 2000ad as well as illustrating some amazing US series (Preacher, Bloody Mary).

If anyone is interested in getting something unique done just PM me and I can pass on his email - I don't really want to just throw his address out into a public forum.

Skullmo  :P

Skullmo

BTW I recommend EVERYONE gets one!  The man is an absolute legend!

hippynumber1