Main Menu

Greats of the Nerve Centre - how to write to Tharg

Started by Trout, 18 October, 2011, 04:35:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grant Goggans

A pox on you, Watson.  I wouldn't be caught dead at an Applebee's.

Buttonman

Quote from: Grant Goggans on 20 October, 2011, 08:21:37 PM
A pox on you, Watson.  I wouldn't be caught dead at an Applebee's.

Excellent - letters based debate is engaged.

I had dinner in an Applebees in Rhode Island just last month and it was plenty fine. Check out this happy chap.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: Buttonman on 20 October, 2011, 07:41:33 PM

In truth we have great affection for Floyd here at Letters Central and indeed it was he who showed that getting published on a regular basis was more a matter of persistency rather than talent. Having both is of course Da Bomb.

Hee hee.

This should return. Sod the mods. This is good fun, and is an irreverant spin on something prog relalted. Heaven forfend that there should be threads on the board about 2000ad, rather than endless posts of film trailers and TV reviews. How's about modding them? Or just having a single trailer/ review thread, FFS?

EDIT: That's not a dig at Goaty per se, but rather at the fact that no one seems to care how far we are wandering from the comic.
Lock up your spoons!

Grant Goggans

You came all this way for an Applebee's?  The living definition of mediocre, corporate, soulless, expense account, home office in Mahwah food?  Here, use this list next time.  Rhode Island is small; you can probably walk to all these places:

http://www.roadfood.com/Restaurants/SearchResults.aspx?st=restaurants&ps=1&s=RI&c=&kw=&pkw=&ob=restaurantname

Proudhuff

Quote from: Grant Goggans on 20 October, 2011, 08:44:01 PM
You came all this way for an Applebee's?  The living definition of mediocre, corporate, soulless, expense account, home office in Mahwah food?  Here, use this list next time.  Rhode Island is small; you can probably walk to all these places:

http://www.roadfood.com/Restaurants/SearchResults.aspx?st=restaurants&ps=1&s=RI&c=&kw=&pkw=&ob=restaurantname

You forget 1. he's from Paisley: The living definition of mediocre, and 2. walking involves some kind of healthy stuff so is off the menu for its citz.
DDT did a job on me

Buttonman

Just look at that lovely plate of red gloop! can't actually remember what it was - pasta something.

We do generally look for something offbeat but if you're in a Roadway Inn and want a drink you don't have too much choice. Here's me enjoying a nice Italian lamb shank with figs and goat's cheese in Laurel, Maryland.

and a Burrgurre de Mexicana from a back street Bistro 'Hoo-ters' in Concordville, Pennsylvania.

I, Cosh

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 20 October, 2011, 08:40:37 PM
This should return. Sod the mods. This is good fun, and is an irreverant spin on something prog relalted. Heaven forfend that there should be threads on the board about 2000ad, rather than endless posts of film trailers and TV reviews. How's about modding them? Or just having a single trailer/ review thread, FFS?
One of them tried but just got ignored.
We never really die.

Trout

I'm very pleased that my praise of Floyd annoyed you so much. I meant every word. :D

- Trout

Hoagy

I'm going for a job as a chef at Applebees. Even in my limited experience as a pub chef I could pull pasta slop with cheese slop topped with tomato and herbs slop and microwave garlic lump bread off 40 times a day.Where's my visa?
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Colin Zeal

I think I need to start sending letters in to Tharg, even if it's just to let him know that not all of his reeaders eat such horrible looking food.

Buttonman

Quote from: King Trout on 21 October, 2011, 03:01:27 AM
I'm very pleased that my praise of Floyd annoyed you so much. I meant every word. :D

- Trout

You're like those folk who wander about wearing France and Brazil football shirts - celebrate the home talent! Bloomin' foreigners stealing our Heroclix and women (possibly).

Grant Goggans

Don't fret too much for us, Colin.  The food I eat is amazing.  Check out this plate of chopped pork, cole slaw and Brunswick stew at Amos's, near Ball Ground GA:

The best barbecue is almost as thrillpowered as 2000 AD!  And here's a mixed berry shortcake from the Whistle Stop Cafe in Juliette:

James Stacey

The pork looks nice but I've never seen coleslaw that looks like that ?

Proudhuff

Butt'man Could you send me one of those piccies for above the fireplace?

DDT did a job on me

Buttonman

Quote from: Proudhuff on 22 October, 2011, 10:58:35 AM
Butt'man Could you send me one of those piccies for above the fireplace?

Do you mean to keep kids away, Tom?

No worries, your court order already takes care of that!