Main Menu

The Black Dog Thread

Started by Grugz, 02 January, 2016, 09:54:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

Thanks, JBC - I'll download that today!

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

Good man. It describes a very specific case about a teenage girl so I don't know how helpful it'll be, but hopefully you'll get something out of it. I have listened to nearly all his podcasts since I discovered him after Christmas; I thought it all sounded a bit silly at first but it's proved fairly helpful.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

DrJomster

Something I find really helpful is finding the right radio station. Getting that mix of music you can lose yourself in and the right mix of presenters can really help tide you over until things pass a bit. These days there's radio iPlayer, BBC sounds and other internet radio goodies to choose from. For me it's 6 Music, but maybe that's an age thing!
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Hawkmumbler

It's been a funny time the last 6 weeks. I up and quit my last bar job over a pay dispute that never got resolved. I was fortunately not out of a job for long, two weeks at my current employer and it's amazing how enjoyable a hospitality position can be when the pay is above minimum, hours are consistent and management competent and supportive.

Uni has been putting me through the ringer recently as well. Work on my Honours is fun but i'm finding it really tough to motivate myself into a routine.

But there is some good news. I put in an offer and a 5 year plan for a rent-to-buy new build in Manchester and after 4 years of trying to get myself on the property ladder my offer was accepted. I move in in September.

So yeah. A very strange time of sometimes painfully drawn out progress but progress nonetheless.

Bolt-01

That's grand news Hawkster!

auxlen

Hey, sorry I sometimes lose the plot on here...it helps to vent (even though I am mortified the next day). Thanks for your patience. :-[

sheridan

Quote from: auxlen on 15 May, 2019, 04:55:48 PM
Hey, sorry I sometimes lose the plot on here...it helps to vent (even though I am mortified the next day). Thanks for your patience. :-[
That's what this thread is for!

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 15 May, 2019, 12:57:04 PM
That's grand news Hawkster!

Thanks a bunch Dave, when i'm set up the Bolt clan are always welcome in Hawk Block!

Bolt-01

We'll take you up on that!

The Legendary Shark

Glad you're on the up, Hawkie.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

Fair play. Took me till my 40s to own my own place, and that's a only a boat.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Legendary Shark

I've never owned my own place. Even now, I live in somebody else's shed.

The worst part is that I can't figure out whether this makes me a winner or a loser...

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Funt Solo

I think it depends on how comfy you feel in the shed.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

The Legendary Shark

That's very wise, FS, thank you!

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]