Main Menu

'crap' movies and TV series you love

Started by Conexus, 21 January, 2006, 04:27:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikey

Definately no way Buffy was crap...and neither is the frighteners.

My crap tv series is Lost-it's a pile a crap,but I just can't stop watching it!

For film-Journey to the Centre of the Earth has an appeal I can't quite put my finger on..

M
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Carlsborg Expert

Well those two are not trying to be the best thing on tv or film are they?And, Buffy the movie is ,well, I am not informed to say.

I would like to add,Super Troopers and Scooby Doo I to my list.

hag

neighbours is not bad tv. neighbours is amazing on a stick, also i know what the season highlight is, and  MattXBianco you are going to flipping love it!

i actually feel like my routine gets interupted on the weekend for not having my soaps.

Bico

Diagnosis Murder, Sunset Beach, Jack Of All Trades, Buck Rogers, Kamen Rider, Dukes of Hazzard, the A-Team, Knight Rider, Airwolf, The Sweeney, Buffy, Angel, DS9, Hawk the Slayer, The (first and only) Matrix, Prince Of Darkness, Dr Who: Curse of Fenric...

Far too much crap that'll pass muster for me, I fear.

Carlsborg Expert

hag

Prince of Darkness is another one that is under-rated. saw it on halloween with my best mate when we were 14 and it was love at first sight.

Bico

Carlsborg Expert

LOL; You are kidding me?

Would just like too add; I have fond memories of Zoltan;Hound of Dracula.

I have finished watching Alone in the Dark. A new crap film , I can convince myself to love.

Art

Prince of Darkness

Prince of Darkness is ace! Ok, so none of the occult, SF and Eric Von Daniken elements actually bond together that well in practice, but what a mix! Also theres something superbly creepy about the dreams ("We are transmitting to you from the year one nine nine nine...")

hag

I live. I live. I live. I live.

... i'm gonna feel like a right twat if i've misquoted that!

Bico

Prince of Darkness (like Lifeforce, Hawk the Slayer, and Horror Express) is crap - come on, we're old enough to admit it, and it doesn't stop it from being ace in any way.  Especially the bit with the mirror and the hand.
The flip-side of such movies are po-faced affairs like Sixth Sense, which are deadly serious, not fun at all, and after you've watched them once - why bother with watching them again?

Rob Spalding

Alone in the Dark is ARSE.

I will watch anything, I quite enjiyed Doom, as it was exactly the film I expected.  But AITD is just poo, not scary, not exciting with shoddy special effects.

A Sound of Thunder is not too bad, but there are some hysterically bad CGI for a big Hollywood movie.

I, Cosh

One word (kind of)

BEASTMASTER.

I am also rather surprised that they're about to release a sequel to Underworld, as I thought I was the only person on Earth who didn't think the original sucked.
We never really die.

Floyd-the-k

The Rock is genius - I didn't know conventional wisdom disliked it.

The American Godzilla movie with Matthew Broderick, Jean Reno and, errr, Godzilla. I liked it and thought that one of the great injustices was that Independence Day (which was complete shit apart from one scene) made a fortune whereas Godzilla, which wasn't crap, was a flop of historic proportions.

Buckaroo Banzai, if that's eligible for this thread.

Arnold Schwarzennegar's comedies.

yours shamelessly

Art

Arnold Schwarzennegar's comedies.

Would that include Commando, Raw Deal and Red Heat?