Main Menu

Ulysses Contracts: Resolutions with Teeth

Started by The Enigmatic Dr X, 28 December, 2015, 08:32:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Enigmatic Dr X

So, I am entering into a Ulysses Contract with my missus.

Regrettably, this has nothing to do with the cartoon.

I've simply got more games than I can play, following some drunken Steam sale purchases, getting a new PS4 and generally getting loads of games from family for Christmas and my birthday. Highlights, unplayed, include:

Bioshock 2 and 3, GTA 4 and 5, Halo 5, Wasteland 2, AssCreeds Black Flag and Syndicate, MGS V, the Uncharted Collection, Deus Ex and Fallout New Vegas.

First world problems? Crass consumerism? Either way, I've promised not to spend any money on games in 2016. If I do, she gets £500 cash to blow on clothes.

There are two caveats: (1) I get to trade in any of the games I have for a new one; (2) I get to play anything I fancy from the free monthly games you get with Xbox Live/ PSN.

If I survive, then I get to buy a shiny new PC in January 2017, along with Doom 4, Fallout 4, Dishonoured 2 and Xcom 2. It's all about the incentives.

So, that's my Resolution with Teeth. Anyone else out there willing to put something on the line, to bring about change caused by the opulence of the West?
Lock up your spoons!