Main Menu

...DAMN PESKY COMUTERS...

Started by ARRISARRIS, 03 January, 2005, 11:27:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARRISARRIS

...was wondering if anyone here can give me a quick fix for this problem or even tell me whats gone wrong.

Basiclly i can still use my computer ok, eg cd burning, word precessing and surfing web sites like this one, E-Bay etc.

The problem arrises when i ant to get access say to my E-bay acount, or my bank account etc etc, i just keep getting the not loaded page, ive tried what theyve listed but to no avail.

Also tried sysyem restore but this only goes back about 2/3 days, to about the time the problem arrived, all the restore points ive created before that just dont exist.

So chums, whats gone wrong and what can i do? or is my computer f****d and i need to get a new one, and if i do how do i transfer my currant monthly internet payment to a complete new computer???

Any info or help greatfully received...

Bolt-01

Sorry dude, thought this was about a mishap on the transport system.

Bolt-01

colcool007

Sounds more like a virus than the PC dying. Have you got a decent virus checker?

Banners

What do you mean by a "Not Loaded" page?

Have you changed your security settings somehow so that you can't accept cookies perhaps? This might explain why you can't 'log-in' to some places???

M@

ARRISARRIS

...recently, just before christmas bought an more up to date norton anti-virus download. This loaded fine. However about the time everything else went wrong that gave me a message to delete and reload, then nothing seemed to work...

...now everytime i try to reload norton i get more error messages, a bit annoying as i spent ?60 on it, where do i go to enable cookies?...

Something Fishy

Are you getting this whenever you try to access https pages? You can tell by looking at the URL in your browser address bar.  If so then it suggests your firewall is blocking SSL (secure sockets).

opaque

Didn't install SP2 recently did you?
That can apparantly delete older restore points and obviously it has it's own firewall included in the on default position.

Banners

Your browser may be being 'hijacked'. Have you used AdAware and Spybot?

M@

ARRISARRIS

...seem to have got most of my computer working again, but cant read e-mails om my MSN hot-mail, what can i do?...