Main Menu

2000AD 40th Anniversary - 11th Feb 2017 - London

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 23 September, 2016, 06:35:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BPP

That Cam Kennedy sketch is just beautiful.

I mean all the pics posted are fantastic (sploosh at that Jock Dredd) but there is something about Cam's style that just connects with (I'd guess) every 2000ad reader of a certain age.

An utter gent and an astouding comics talent.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Proudhuff

Quote from: Dunk! on 18 February, 2017, 12:13:41 AM
Bothered to tell Novotel, when they asked for feedback, about how crap their bar staff were on the Fri and Sat night.

Dunk!

Just done the same.... will wait spoonfeedback with interest
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

Can I suggest that anyone who stayed at the hotel does the same?
The hotel and venue were excellent and couldn't be faulted except  let down by inexperienced and in one case totally mental members of the bar staff.
DDT did a job on me

Hawkmumbler

Jeez, that bad huh?

On a more positive note, that Kennedy Rogue sketch is utterly phenomenal! I second any notion to get more covers from the chap ASAP!

Link Prime

Quote from: Proudhuff on 18 February, 2017, 11:34:01 AM
Can I suggest that anyone who stayed at the hotel does the same?
The hotel and venue were excellent and couldn't be faulted except  let down by inexperienced and in one case totally mental members of the bar staff.

I did a few days ago, praised the hotel where it was due (restaurant & staff were great), but absolutely slated the hopeless bar staff.
The manager emailed me about 30 minutes later, apologised and offered me a complementary room upgrade if I stay there again.
I'd say he's copied and pasted that email a few times this week...

Steve Green

Leigh S

Quote from: Dunk! on 18 February, 2017, 12:13:41 AM
Bothered to tell Novotel, when they asked for feedback, about how crap their bar staff were on the Fri and Sat night.

Apparently they're usually praised to the hilt but were surprised by the amount of clientele on those nights.

Nice to know.

Dunk!

Maybe we were just more Law abiding after years of Judge propaganda.  Conspiracy theorist in me might suspect they wanted you to walk away without paying to ease their burden - it would explain their previous praise too!  :)

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: Steve Green on 18 February, 2017, 12:25:16 PM
So what was this whole spoon thing about?

I got denied service for touching the barman's spoon.

There is no joke or euphemism in the preceding sentence.
Lock up your spoons!

Hawkmumbler

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 18 February, 2017, 12:33:06 PM

Crucially, you failed to respect his authoritaaaah.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

matty_ae

Why did he have a spoon behind the bar?

Was it his lucky spoon?

Just a random spoon?

Were spooning euphemisms involved?

Mardroid

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 18 February, 2017, 12:33:06 PM
Quote from: Steve Green on 18 February, 2017, 12:25:16 PM
So what was this whole spoon thing about?

Why did you touch his spoon?

I'm not asking that to be critical of you, or suggest he was justified. It's just reading these things out of context, these actions and reaction are rather odd and surreal. And comical.

I guess the real question is, what's the story?

Mikey

Quote from: matty_ae on 18 February, 2017, 01:18:30 PM
Why did he have a spoon behind the bar?

Was it his lucky spoon?

Just a random spoon?

Were spooning euphemisms involved?

Although I didn't witness the incident, I'm going to guess it was the copper bar spoon that was sat right in the open on the actual bar. I'll admit I briefly considered if they'd miss it along with the accompanying strainer, as I make a few cocktails meself, but thought on balance it wasn't a good idea.

But yeah, the staff were all really nice and even the bar staff, pants that they were at both pouring pints and working out who to serve, didn't loose their shit at the ravening hordes they were confronted with. However, when I asked about ordering a sandwich I was told it would be a 45 minute wait :/
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.