Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skullmo

And you also have the page with a similar pose - great to have them both. He did some lovely work for 2000ad
It's a joke. I was joking.

o1s1n

The difference in quality between those two pages astounding, almost like it's two different artists.

I know one's a cover and the other is an interior, but it just goes to show what a bit of extra payment/time can do :D

Link Prime

Quote from: Skullmo on 17 January, 2015, 05:48:03 PM
He did some lovely work for 2000ad

Mooted before- I would dearly love to see Dobbyn back working for Tharg.
A fantastic, unique artist.

o1s1n

Any ideas what he's up to these days?

Link Prime

Quote from: o1s1n on 20 January, 2015, 11:12:47 PM
Any ideas what he's up to these days?

No idea.
I believe Bolt-01 received a commission from him a few months ago- maybe he knows?

Bolt-01

Ooh, Nigel?

Well he did indeed do me a rather shiny commission that I don't need an excuse to show off again:

and I've seen him lettering strips over on ACES Weekly as well.

I 'do' know about something he is working on art-wise but it isn't my place to say where its for or who is writing it.

I would love to see Nigel working on something for Tharg again, but I am not about to start telling TMO who he should hire...

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 21 January, 2015, 02:57:16 PM
I would love to see Nigel working on something for Tharg again, but I am not about to start telling TMO who he should hire...

Well I am. I've said it before and I worry that I'll have to say it again but

THARG GET THIS MAN BACK IN THE PROG WILLYA!

o1s1n

Great comission Bolt-01! I wouldn't have known that was by Dobbyn at all. He's certainly evolved his style since his 2000AD days.

Colin YNWA

There's a tiny example of what he's (Nigel) is put to here , working in colaboration with David Baillie another of Tharg's droids.

http://firstsite.davidbaillie.net/pages/collabocomic.shtml

Discovered via Bleeding Cool

hippynumber1

I don't think I've posted this one here yet; Paul Staples, Slaine, 'Kai'

Link Prime

That's lovely Hip, you don't see many Paul Staples pieces around.
Would love a page from his (one but brilliant) episode of Nemesis.

o1s1n

I don't remember Paul Staples doing Slaine at all, that's a lovely page. His style really suits the strip.

You've just reminded me how much I miss Finn though! I can't say I've ever seen any of his Finn art for sale.

hippynumber1

I don't recall seeing any Finn artwork for sale other than 4 (?) Mick Austin covers - I had 2, traded 1 with Wake and Skullmo has the others (I think), and a Clint Langley one. I've never seen a story page...

Skullmo

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 29 January, 2015, 09:30:22 AM
I don't recall seeing any Finn artwork for sale other than 4 (?) Mick Austin covers - I had 2, traded 1 with Wake and Skullmo has the others (I think), and a Clint Langley one. I've never seen a story page...

You had 2 because I got you them - you never give me appropriate props!

Skullmo

I tried to find Paul Staples a while ago but no luck. I would love one of his Nemesis pages and something from Finn.