Main Menu

New series of blakes 7, or a new site...

Started by SovietSam, 05 January, 2003, 07:22:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SovietSam

I looked on this Blakes 7 website and it said

BLAKE'S 7
          RETURNING FEBUARY 2003

What do you think

Link: Blake's 7

paulvonscott

Probably just a new site, or a revamped old one.  Avon was trying to get the show back and there was an official site with a virus sending newsletter (cheers Orac!).

seeneester

That link won't work for me. I imagine the "return" is probably going to be another radio show though.

W. R. Logan

Had a quick look arond and found this piece of old news which probably confirms what PVS said:

+++
News from 2000 and previous

Great news for all Blakes 7 fans. It has been confirmed that two new feature length episodes of Blakes 7 are going ahead with Brian Lighthill making this statement on the BBC Web site today....

"You're going to hear this first today. Paul Darrow (Avon) - as if you didn't know - and I are developing a TV movie which we are targeting for Autumn 2000. Paul is signed up for his role as Avon but you're not going to get very much more info on the plot from me except to say that things are looking good for the project, that is why we're planning a TV movie which will have up-to-date special effects but continue to hold on to a character led story. I think we will have to bring Orac up-to-date but I am very fond of the original. Who knows? We might build in updating of the original which will give us the best of all worlds. Right this minute I cannot divulge who the writers are, but what I can tell you is that the idea for the TV movie came from Terry Nation shortly before he died. would hope that I can raise the money so that any effects that are in the TV movie are state of the art. Of course the script will be character led but there are bound to be some effects needed. At this stage this is an independent production"
+++

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

Link: http://www.cultv.co.uk/blakes7.htm" target="_blank">Cult TV - Blake's 7

http://www.cultv.co.uk/MoveLib.gif">

seeneester

I remember this from the time it was announced, and I also remember leaked plot details that it involved a very old Avon coming out of retirement to carry on the fight against a newly developed Federation Alliance with an hitherto unknown party.

Personally, I would go for an all new cast playing the old members, because if we're honest, the oldies would just look wrong now. My own personal suggestions for the crew (based on actual feasibility) would be:

Blake: Aidan Gillen

Avon: Jack Davenport

Villa: Reece Shearsmith

Jenna: Samantha Janus

Cally: Neve McIntosh

Gan: Spudgun from off "Bottom"

But I'll probably change my mind about them by the end of the week, so if anyone else has any suggestions for a possible (by BBC budget)revamped cast, feel free to add them.

Thread Zero

>I looked on this Blakes 7 website and it said

>BLAKE'S 7
>RETURNING FEBUARY 2003

Not much to get excited about - the two Barry Letts scripted radio shows are being broadcast on BBC7.

The Monarch

hmm i'm not sure i want to see a new series i would much rather have the old series on dvd hint hint

GordonR

>>Probably just a new site, or a revamped old one. Avon was trying to get the show back

Like Richard Hatch and Battlestar Galactica, yes?

heh.

Devons Daddy

someone posted the realease date which is featured on play.com i think.

i have now placed that site on my browser in anticipation. of this realease.
 i have purchased a  multi system ,can play anything thats round and shiney .no need for authenticity codes player. which i managed to get devons mummy to agree to based on the whole host of honk kong series avaiable.

just counting the days now.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!